Unable to restart a Scheduled Tasks if stopped

337Manni

337Manni

A while ago I noticed that my Library scan kept hanging part way through at about 68%. There was a topic at the time on the forum. Everything seems fine now but I did notice that if I stopped a task in;

Dashboard > Advanced > Scheduled Tasks

There was no way to restart it again as the start/stop button goes blank. My only solution was to restart the server. This is the same for Library scan, Refresh People, Sync library to trakt.tv.....

Can this be changed so I would have the Play icon to manually start a task, then a stop icon when the task is currently running, but then a restart or start icon if I stop this task part way through.

Regards,

Lee.

Happy2Play

There has to be something wrong with your install or browser then.  I just removed all scheduled tasks triggers for scan media library, restarted server and am still able to start and stop library scan.

337Manni

They are all Schedualed, as I want them, and all currently work like that. But if I stop one part way through I can't manually start it again. I haven't tried leaving it and seeing if the schedule would then kick in as I just restart the server to fix this error.

Is this deffinetly just my setup then? It's not that much of an issue for me to resort to reinstalling etc, just thought if anyone is working on this it may be worth a fix.

Happy2Play

Logs would tell more information but I can start the task and stop the task at any percentage and am able to restart it.

337Manni

No problem I will upload them.... I've gone into my log folder and ther's 31 files, how do I know which one to upload?

Happy2Play

Your best bet is to stop your server, delete current logs, start server and replicate the issue you are having.  Then upload that log.

337Manni

Well then....

I've just stopped MB Server, deleted logs as you said, relaunched MBS, went to reproduce the fault and it's working as I'd expect it to now, as in if I stop a task it shows (cancelled) in blue under the task and shows the start icon now....

Very strange as I've stopped and restarted the server many times before and still had this fault, but deleting the logs must of cleared it somehow.

Nevermind... alls well.

Thanks for your help!