TMDB for TV Series scraping

steelman1991

steelman1991

Hi Luke

Are there any plans to use TMDB for TV Series scraping (or is it being partially used already). I find the information from TVDB far too flaky, particularly regarding Actor information. If I could take 'Kiefer Sutherland' as an example- he appears on screen in every episode of '24', yet because whoever entered the information in 'guest stars' on TVDB (which I assume is where we scrape the episode appearance info from) he appears in only Season 8 - the only season he has been included as a guest star.

While I appreciate that the TMDB is very much a work in progress in this regard it would be nice to have the option exposed to the user as a choice, or are there API issues, which make it unusable for this purpose?

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/web/itembynamedetails.html?id=28d998b45c49f2e2fbf900c912380a1a

Happy2Play

It is already available for series and season level fetching but not episode level yet.

Dashboard-Metadata-Service (change media type drop down)-reorder fetcher preference

steelman1991

Thanks Happy - yes I saw that and have it set for that preference - was the Episode info I was particularly interested in and what is likely to be exposed within the Browser. There is no Season actor information, but everyone from 24 is added to the series (correctly at the root), but I would then hope to see them only in the seasons/episodes in which they actually appear in. Hope that makes sense - particularly to Luke  :)