Question about my static IP

Toys7505

Toys7505

Having a problem with remote access. Tried the http://24.62.65 number, but doesn't go anywhere. I have port forwarding on for 8096 on my HTPC running MB3 server. I keep getting a "time out" error........It says in red under Server Information - There was an error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Toys

Toys7505

Sound like you don't have port forwarding working (router) or your firewall is enabled (PC).  If it's the latter, you probably can't connect from another machine on your on home network.

How to for your router: http://setuprouter.com/

I have my HTPC setup for a static IP Address, I have my router setup for port forwarding on 8096 for the static IP Address for my HTPC. each time I try to remote in from my laptop, I see a flash of a window pop up saying "The request was aborted: The request was cancelled" and then disappears.......

Any suggestions?

Toys

Toys7505

Also - I have tested with "Canyouseeme" and it says it can see the service on port 8096 - your ISP is not blocking it. I don't have my HTPC plugged directly into my router. it is plugged into a 5 port switch which is connected to my router.......could that be causing the issue here?

Toys

Toys7505

There has to be an issue on there end because my notifications i'm getting are: "Check for plugin updates failed - the request was aborted; the request was cancelled". I was not getting these types of nitifications yesterday.....can anyone confirm?

Thanks for your help thus far AgileHumor.........

Toys

Toys7505

I CAN remote access by clicking the "web client" button at the top of the forums and see my HTPC server and browse ALL media and "see" the configuration page......very weird. Also have made sure Windows Firewall is not blocking program access to the internet as well

STUMPED!

Toys

Toys7505

Solved! Ended up being something on my end. I was using the static IP Address, when I should have been using my PC's name (ie //NameHere:8096/mediabrowser), once I did that, it connected right away. And when I took my Android phone off of wifi and typed in the generated IP address 24.62.65.etc......it was able to connect.

Toys

• Like 1

Beardyname

Then it might have failed if your router can't use hairpinning, aka using an external address from inside your local address pointing to your internal address, not sure why using the pc-name worked but hey :) it works!

• Like 1

Mychale6563

Solved! Ended up being something on my end. I was using the static IP Address, when I should have been using my PC's name (ie //NameHere:8096/mediabrowser), once I did that, it connected right away. And when I took my Android phone off of wifi and typed in the generated IP address 24.62.65.etc......it was able to connect.

Toys

I'm having difficulties as well.... WHERE were you using the static IP Address instead of the PC's name? I need to know where the disconnect was so I can try to make the same changes in my setup. :-)  Thanks!!

Angelblue05

@ check out my reply to your original post (MB Connect) Hopefully it answers your static IP question! :)

Edited by Angelblue05