Android client has no settings menu

andreasypsilon

andreasypsilon

Hi all...

Very satisfied over the last month with MBS and the client for the WMC I decide now to install the android client on some tablets in my house. But on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 there is no settings button, no three dots, no gearwheel... And no response on the Samsung hard/softkey... On a noname tablet or on my Nexus 5 there is no problem! Reinstalling was not succesfully

The thing is why I search the settings menu is to modify the HLS settings because I have no video playback on my Galaxy Tab

Any ideas why I have no settings?

Kind regards

Andreas

Redshirt

Hi, 

The settings menu behavior has not been altered to my knowledge. The hard key should bring up the menu. What version of the client are you running on the affected device?

andreasypsilon

I checked it on my older Hannspad... Same version, no problem. I can See the three dots for the settings menu. But not on the Samsung.... And the hardkey only works for a long press, then the search dialog in MBA comes up

Any idea?

Redshirt

The display of the overflow menu is handled by the OS. I have no idea why it's not showing on that one phone. 

andreasypsilon

Hi all, the solution was... Today there was the OTA update to Android 4.4.2 from 4.2.2 on the Samsung tablet... And after that update I have the three dots for the settings menu!