Can I retrieve the current playing media for a user/client?

johanj

Im using the javascript api for adding support for MB3 in the iPad app MediaPortal iViewer. So far I have retrieved all needed data for movies and implemented filtering and sorting. Next is to look at starting media in MediaPortal and stream to device. Im a bit stuck at how to get the currently playing media for a user/client. Is that possible to get?

Normally we use the Mediaportal plugin WifiRemote for now playing info but that has no connection to MB3. The only thing I get from WifiRemote is the file name when media starts to play. But I havent found a way of filtering items in file name. Is that possible.

Johan

Never mind, I found it(/mediabrowser/Sessions)

I must say that the api is easy to work with and the Swagger UI is really nice :)  You could maybe be clearer of how to find the swagger UI, I worked for some time with the api before I realized that it was located in the sytem tray...

Also, please update the api (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.ApiClient.Javascript) since that is probably where the first time use (like me) first looks. The usage example do not match the parameters in the actual javascript file.

Authentification with X-MediaBrowser-Token is not included so I added that myself locally. Then I realized that the most recent version of the api is placed elsewhere and I found that url by reading in the forum.

• Like 1

It's a good point. i have the separate repo setup for the library just to give it more attention, but the files are out of date. so i'll have to figure out what i'm going to do there.