problem accessing files from 360

grizlyadams
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

grizlyadams

Hi,

I've got MB3 server installed on a freenas box, with libraries setup using folder redirects. Its all working fine with my MC7/MBC pc, but when I try to play anything on an x360 extender, MBC runs fine but when I choose to play anything I get

"Windows Medi Center cannot find the file specified. Be sure the path is typed correctly. if it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline"

the xb360 is on the same network as the MC7 and MB3 machines - any ideas?

grizlyadams

HI,

I have a MB3 server running on a freenas box.

my media is in a storage volume on the freenas box which is shared via a CIFS share to my network

mediabrowser is running in its own jail and has its own ip address.

when I set up the libraries in media browser I tried to select the "network" option and connect to the unc path of the media share, but I cannot connect to ANY unc locations on my network. I've tried with ip address and host name and on different computers (other than the freenas box) and on all of them I get "path does not exist"

the unc paths\shares are visible by all other pcs on the network (including the freenas ciifs shares)

what have I missed?

I've set up the libraries using the freenas volume(s) mounted in the mediabrowser jail with folder/path redirects to allow the clients direct access to the files which works for the MBC/MC7 client, but  I suspect is causing a problem with my xb360 extender.

• Solution

The extender runs under a hidden Windows account on the host machine.  You have to make sure that user has access as well.  Pretty much the only way to do this is by giving everyone access because there is no way to know the password for the extender account.

grizlyadams

thanks - enabled "guest" access and its fine now (feels wrong :) - all my IT life "guest" has been the enemy, enabling it just doesn't feel right :) :)  )