Question/clarification regarding people images and caching

Olywa123
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Olywa123

Hi Guys,

I wonder if I could get some clarification and advice on how images and caching work and perhaps might even be configured please...

My server recently did an automatic cache clean up. Following this I noticed that none of my (117,000) 'people' had images (folder.jpg) and these are now gone and need to be re-fetched. Running the 'refresh people' task does not re-fetch these images (I believe this is because the XML's are still present and only the images were cleaned out so the task doesn't see the people as missing). So my questions...

1. Is this intended behaviour (I suspect it probably is by design)?
  2. Is there a way to refetch these images without having to delete the people folders/xml's?
  3. Can I change/reschedule or stop altogether the cache cleanup task?*

*I have a 120GB SSD dedicated to media browser for cache files, I understand that the bigger this gets then it may become counter-productive but I would prefer this than having to rebuild/refetch images, strain on rescanning multiple HDD's to rebuild the people, re-cache movie folders and backdrops that were previously cached, etc. I know I can delete the existing people and refetch but I had manually edited numerous people XMLs so want to try to avoid this if possible, especially if it has to be a routine task after every cache clean up.

Sorry for the long message - just wanted to be clear on what I am asking :)

Thanks for any help/advice.

Edited by Olywa123

• Solution

No - if you customized any of those paths make sure they are not pointing to the same place

• Like 1

Olywa123

Thanks Luke - short and to the point - I see where I went wrong :D

I have indeed pointed them to the same location - will have a play/re-org.

Keep up the great work.