Not able to play DVD from optical drive

GrumpyBear2014

GrumpyBear2014

I have one system that I am not able to play DVD from.  When I click on the App for the optical drive it gives me the error of " Error beginning playback,  Value cannot be null.
 Parameter name: source"

I have MBT installed on three other machines and have no issues.  Only errors if there is no disk in the drive. 

The only difference in the machine in question is that the optical drive is a BlueRay drive. 

At this point I am not concerning myself if it will play BlueRay disks.  Am just wanting it to play a DVD. 

Log file is attached.

theater-63553075200.txt

Im a newbie to MBT but I had that same message last night with a bluray disk actually.

Not sure if its the answer but I know that I had been playing about with adding an external player (PDVD).

The error message is a complaint that I had not correctly set up the parameters for this external player correctly ie either the path to the executable or arguments such as {path} /play.

I forget which I had to jiggle with but have you been playing with adding an external software player on that machine but not got the setting right?

GrumpyBear2014

The issue is not that I want to play BluRay disks.  I only want to play a DVD movie.  It just happens to be that the optical drive in this machine is a BluRay player.  So there should not be any need to add the external player. 

• 3 weeks later...
GrumpyBear2014

Good day Luke

Yes, I am still having the same issue with it.  Have attached another log file for you to look at.  

The connection errors to the media server is known as I have them all turned off to do some electrical rewiring in the server room.  If it is too messy of a log I will attach another one, once I finish the electrical.

Thanks

theater-63555235200.txt

• 2 weeks later...
mhariush

Any updates on this?

Installed MTB on my new HTPC and getting the same "cannot be null" message. I need to be able to play my blu's

Thanks

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
GrumpyBear2014

So I started this thread in December of 2014, and still have not had anybody with any information on how to resolve this. 

So I started this thread in December of 2014, and still have not had anybody with any information on how to resolve this. 

Sorry, we spent 2015 working on a new theater app. Now that app is available but it does not yet have optical disc playback, sorry.