Library no longer seeing files

Carneys
Go to solution Solved by Specter,

So I have one folder where downloaded shows as well as my WMC recorded TV goes into.

I use a program called "Recorded TV HD" that sorts and renames these files automatically so that they can be viewed within the Recorded TV section within WMC.

This same folder is added as a library within Media Browser.

Since about two days ago, Media Browser no longer sees any of these files.   This isn't a problem at home because the program above adds them to my WMC interface for viewing.

My problem is I can no longer access these shows on the web client remotely, because now they aren't added into the library.

What would all of a sudden make no shows available within MB and these libraries empty?

Here is some more info how my folder is sorted and how these "Recorded TV HD" works.

My folder has video files like this (I know they're not sorted, I don't need them sorted, I only use the web client occasionally, so if they're just all thrown in without sorting by series there it's no problem).

547e1121bdb4b_pic.jpg

The "Recorded TV HD" file creates properties files that tell that program where to down metadata, series info, and artwork for each show (it doesn't store the images locally).

547e1165631b5_2.jpg

Up until a couple of days ago things were working fine, all of those videos showed up in my Media Browser libraries no problem, so I don't see why it's not working now.

Hmm..  So this folder was listed as "TV" on the type.  I deleted the library and re-added it as Mixed and it didn't work, so that wasn't the problem.

I noticed there was one sub folder with a series of a show I used to have in the folder.   I took all of those video files out and put them in the root folder and that fixed the problem.

That did lead me to the solution though, thanks.

So did something change where if there are sub folders in the directory it only recognizes files in those directories?  It used to recognize both the files in the root and the subs, now it seems to be one or the other?

(Seems to be on the same path as the problem you described with sub folders in your last post of that thread).

Edited by Carneys