Question about folder rip streaming

KarterJK
Go to solution Solved by KarterJK,

KarterJK

I have stored my files in .vob format, and they play fine

Except for 

many of them play in the wrong language,  This is using the Web client (app.wediabrowser.tv) and their are no options to chose audio tracks.  If I use Media browser theater, I am forced to use an external player, which works fine for local playback, but has problems in web use

I have every reference I know of set to English,

What do I do?

Edited by KarterJK

It is the same response as this:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14061-questions-about-the-81-app-with-video-ts

Any kind of streaming or transcoding of folder rips is experimental. It might work for some titles, but for others it won't. The only way you're going to get perfect playback is with a traditional htpc app that knows how to understand folder rip structures. I wish I had a better answer for you but we are limited to the capabilities of the encoding software we depend on.

I don't want to leave you feeling like there's no solution, so my advice, if streaming is important to you, which i hope it is because the web client is really fun...If it is then I would look at converting to mkv or mp4.

Download MakeMKV, you can convert without having to encode, giving you a perfect, lossless mkv that will be much more streaming friendly. You can make it even more streaming friendly by encoding to h264 and/or using mp4, but mkv is still very good and this advice will put you in a much better position than you are now. But if you decide to encode, it has features for that and the interface is very easy to use.

Latchmor

I used to use vobs (inside video_TS folders) for everything. I too had issues with them and eventually just started converting, I'm still at it!

I'm doing as Luke said above using MakeMKV to make exact copy. I have a few scripts to do the MKV bit then another script using FFMpeg to remove unwanted streams.

It's a bit manual but stretching over and starting a new one when one is finished whilst watching TV is no hardship, just takes a while to go through hundreds!

Edit: I should add that I already had all movies in 'main movie' only rips and all series already in per episode rips so it was/is a bit easier.

Edited by Latchmor

• Solution
KarterJK

PROBLEM SOLVED 

I didn't realize but at the very top of the Web Client you can choose your audio track.   How stupid of me not to notice that before.  It just doesn't tell you what language they are (LOL).  But that doesn't really matter

sorry to be such a pain

Edited by KarterJK