Recorded TV & Music missing after lastest App udate

cjghome

I have Windows 8.1 MCE server installed on my desktop/I have the Windows Phone app installed on my phone and have the Windows RT app installed on my tablet.

and I have 3 libraries/folder setup on my MB server 1 for Movies 1 for Music & 1 for Recorded TV.

Ever since the lastest App update. I can no longer see recorded TV or music via the Windows phone or RT app. No issues with Movies.

Just don't see Music or Recorded TV. I have deleted those folders and re-mapped them in the server. to no avail..

Any suggestions.

Its like it doesn't reconginze  .wtv or .wma format.

All these worked fine before the last update.

i'll take a look at the wtv issue but wma should be fine. you need to make sure it is added to a media folder that is categorized as music

yea i reviewed it and it should be fine. so you'll have to go into more detail. for instance, maybe screenshots of your folders, how you've setup the library, etc.

Luke,

I found a work around....When had originally added the media library folder the folder type was TV Shows and it was pointing to C:\users\public\recorded TV and every worked fine.

After the update it would not see the Recorded shows.

I then changed the folder type to "mixed movies & tv" pointed to C:\users\public\recorded TV and all my recorded TV shows are now available in both apps (Windows phone & Surface RT tablet).

Don't know why that works...but i'm happy now...

Appreciate all the work ya'll do...

Thanks

Charlie