Auto Box Set Refresh Overwrites Customizations

Chuck

Once I completed initial collections, I found that some titles were missing from the collections.  I added titles to complete the collection.  However, if I run Refresh Box Sets, the titles that were added are removed, and the collection needs to be rebuilt.

How did you add the titles?

Do you have the server log from when you did it?

Auto box sets is designed to be just that - automatic.  If you are trying to add titles to a box set that aren't actually a part of that collection as far as tmdb is concerned, while the plug-in will try to update the collection IDs when you do that, if you refresh the source items again, that information is likely to get overwritten.

What titles were missing from what sets?

Yep ... your description is accurate with regard to the tmdb view.

Examples ...

Not all of the Lord of the Rings collection was captured, and I have two versions of Return of the King, one of which is the Director's Cut.  I added the directors cut to the collection using the metadata manager on the web, but it was removed during the refresh.

Interestingly, I just took a look at the other example, The Twilight Saga Collection, where Eclipse was not captured and the manual addition was removed during refresh.  It seems that I have the movie titled Eclipse, and tmdb has it titled The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

So, it looks like if there is a variance in the movie name, that would cause this behavior as well.

Can I assume that if I remove the External ID from the metadata it would stop overwriting during a refresh?

No, you need to get the tmdb collection IDs filled in properly for the source movies.  Manually putting one of them into the collection should do that automatically.  However, if you subsequently refresh that movie, tmdb will overwrite it if it doesn't agree that it belongs.

Got it.

Though this should go into a feature request ... It would be a nice to have to be able to modify a tmdb collection, maintain the customization, allow for titles to be added automatically when adding a new movie to the collection, and maintain customizations during refresh.

By the way ... this is a much more elegant way to manage box sets than the previous folder method.

Thanks!!!

I think we're pretty much already doing that.

If you manually add a movie to a collection that was generated by ABS then it will update that movie with the collection ID so that subsequent runs of ABS will maintain it as a part of that collection.

The only thing that would throw a wrench in that is if you manually refresh all data for the movie that you manually added - thus causing the ID to be removed again.  That kind of manual refresh should almost never be necessary.

Allrighty then ... I'll refrain from doing the collection refresh on the plugin again :-)

No, that should be fine.  The only issue should be if you manually replace the metadata of the source movie.  If you weren't doing that then I need to see the server log from when you added the new item and ran the collection refresh etc.

Trying to get the log to you ... but the file size from today is too big ... tried to ZIP it, but still too large

Well the log is huge due to a bunch of errors on your system but it isn't in debug mode so it doesn't have the information I was looking for anyway.

There are a ton of errors accessing your file system and it looks like a library scan and a people refresh were occurring at the same time.

To hope to chase this down you'll probably have to fix the access errors and get a log while all that other stuff isn't going on simultaneously - as well as in debug mode.

How about you just give me some examples of movies that were not in collections they should have been and what collection you put them in?

i'll have a look at it in the morning and get back to you.

I saw the access errors in the log, and spent some time trying to work that out today.  I think I have that resolved by using a user for the system account on the service and adding the same uid and pwd on the nas.  the last log didn't seem to have all of the errors.

I'll do a run with debug on and send up a new file.

Here's the log from today.

I hit the debug log and saved, ran the Auto BoxSets Refresh Box Sets, then added back the titles that were removed from the run, and finally went back to turn off the debug log.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks!

log.txt

Looking through the log, it looks like this section is at the pertinent time.  I don't see much there.  But, you may want to breeze over the full log.  There might be some errors in there that you might want to look at.

2014-12-02 14:49:37.9531 Info - App: Udp message sent to 192.168.5.200:60254
2014-12-02 14:50:31.6474 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3Packages.json
2014-12-02 14:50:31.6474 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3Packages.json
2014-12-02 14:50:32.2440 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:50:32.2440 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:50:32.2440 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:50:36.9212 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:50:36.9212 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:50:36.9212 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:50:36.9212 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:50:51.7941 Error - App: Error getting response from http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3Packages.json
The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
System.Net.WebException
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2014-12-02 14:50:51.7941 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo>d__9.MoveNext()
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<GetAvailablePluginUpdates>d__39.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2014-12-02 14:50:51.7941 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Packages/Updates?PackageType=UserInstalled&_=1417549831320
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available

2014-12-02 14:53:12.0155 Info - Auto Box Sets: Executing Automatic BoxSet creation.  Found 105 potential box sets.
2014-12-02 14:53:13.2516 Info - Auto Box Sets: Automatic BoxSet creation completed.
2014-12-02 14:53:18.5353 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:53:18.5353 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:53:18.5393 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:55:51.1165 Info - HttpServer: Web socket connection closed by client. Reason: Empty
2014-12-02 14:55:55.5745 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:55:55.5745 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:55:55.5745 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924
2014-12-02 14:55:55.5745 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:63924

The log is still not in debug mode.  It is possible you will have to re-start the server after changing the logging level.

Also, before doing this again can you temporarily uninstall the Movie Theme Videos plug-in.  It is generating a ton of noise in the log.  And you still have file access errors...

OK ... Procedure followed ...

1) uninstalled theme videos plugin

2) turned on debug logging

3) restarted the server

4) ran Refresh Box Sets

5) added back missing title to The Twilight Saga Collection taken away by the refresh

6) turned off debug logging

6) restarted server

Oddly, there was some inconsistent behavior in this run.  Typically when I run Refresh Box Sets, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Director's Cut) is removed from The Lord of the Rings Collection, assuming because it doesn't match the title in tmdb.  However, this time it remained in the collection.

log.txt

Two questions:

1) What is the exact title of the member you re-added?

2) What is the physical folder structure of these movies?

Twilight and Eclipse were re-added

TMDB identifies Twilight as Twilight, and Eclipse as Twilight Saga: Eclipse

The movie folder structures have all been flattened to support the Auto BoxSet plugin, as opposed to the nested [boxSet] structure.  See image.

post-271-0-79182600-1417554655_thumb.png

I had to re-run the Refresh Box Sets to remember which one's I had to add. :-)

Interestingly, this time I had to re-add The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Director's Cut) and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers to the The Lord of the Rings Collection as well.

Are you sure you don't still have a lingering shortcut to that item somewhere in the library left over from when you had manual box sets?

Have you used the "Identify" feature in the web client to properly identify the "Eclipse" movie so that it has the tmdb ID associated with it?

There aren't any artifacts that I'm aware of.

I went into the movie specifically, and there wasn't a Collection ID identified.  I added the collection id, reran the refresh, and it seems to have stuck.  That's also the case with the Director's Cut for The Return of the King in the Lord of the Rings collection, which isn't specifically identified in imdb.

Got It!  :-)

Okay, I think the issue with all of these is that they weren't properly identified with the provider IDs.  Once you fix that, it all should start working as designed.

Nope ... No lingering shortcuts that I'm aware of.

I went into the Eclipse movie and the TMDB collection ID was blank, so I filled it in, saved it, and added it back into the collection.

I did the same for the other movies, including the Lord of the Rings director's cut version (not identified in tmdb).

I reran the Refresh Box Sets, as well as the library scan, and the movies held into place.  So, that is good.  :-)

I have noticed some inconsistent behavior though.  I had one of the Matrix movies drop out of the collection, I added it back, and the tmdb collection id was in place.  However, this last run of Refresh Box Sets didn't displace any titles.

But, for this discussion, I'm going to have to say we're good!  Actually, excellent!

Just seems to be a matter of making sure the tmdb collection id is saved in the metadata.

Thanks!!!!!

Yes, you need to be sure the collection ID is there but you also need to be sure the actual ID for the movie is there too.  That's why I said use the identify feature to be sure you have the movie properly identified.