Android client no longer will connect

Argent

Ever since the last update (client (2.1.05) and server (3.0.5445.6)) I can no longer connect to my Server via the app (over local network) I can still connect via cellular (dyndns) - but that doesn't help me when I'm sitting at home trying to stream stuff.

I have three different android devices (tablet,phone, HDMI stick) and they all exhibit the same problem.  When I try to connect to my servers local IP address it takes about a minute then says Server unreachable.

I can however on the same devices connect to the web version of Media Browser - so I know that parts working.

Edited by Argent

Redshirt

Can you post both a client and server log showing a LAN connection attempt. Client logs are are located in \SDCard\Mb3AndroidData\Logs

SShubbar

Greetings,

I have a media browser server that works; I can connect to it on my local network. However, my domain that I need to use to access it remotely points to a reverse proxy. The proxy redirects any traffic coming to

http://<domain>.org/mediabrowser (port 80)

to

<server IP>:4041

The server is accessable via the domain using a webbrowser, which leads me to conclude that the problem lies in the app.

An identical setup is used for a madsonic server (/madsonic) which plays nicely with DSub.

Redshirt

Have you added port 80 as the external port in the server dashboard

Have you added port 80 as the external port in the server dashboard

Should I? Everything worked fine before the recent updates....now I can't connect via LAN

Redshirt

No, sorry. That was directed at the post directly above. We're still looking into what might be causing the LAN connection issue. 

Redshirt

I'm pretty sure we're at the tail end of testing the connection fixes. But just to give us some breathing room, let's say by the end of the weekend :)

Redshirt

an 11th hour issue was discovered. I've just pushed another beta to my test team. I'm hopeful this is the one.

Whatever you fixed in the last beta that went out Saturday or whatever seemed to have fixed my problem - my tablet found my server locally and I was able to cast to my Chromecast :)

It would be nice to see Media Browser be able to cast to my Xbox One directly - but I can start another topic for that if you'd like.  I know my Synology NAS app (DS Video) that I was using to watch my media while this was being fixed could send to my Xbox One - so I'm guessing it might not be too difficult to get Media Browser to do it too.

Keep up the great work though! Media Browser certainly has made my life happier!

• 2 years later...

Hi, we've pushed changes to our Chromecast receiver to enable HDMI-CEC control. Please try it out. Thanks !