MBT shows all my movies rather than kids and others as per UIC convention

byngo

Hi,

I set up the server (new user of MB3) on a new HTPC the other day following the guides and naming convention for all my movies.

My movies were already organised from when i was using MB2 on my old set up.

I have two directories on separate HDDs.

One folder is called "kids movies" and each movie under this has its own folder and movie file within.

The other folder on a separate HDD is just called "movies" in the same structure as above but contains the films not rated for children to watch.

I have installed MBC and along the bottom ribbon I can select "kids movies" or "movies".

I also gave MBT a try out but I dont see any separation of my movie directories in that. They are all lumped together as unwatched / new etc.

Why is this?

Beardyname

Under your user-preferences (managed through the web-ui) You can change which items you want to combine.

First i would setup Movies and Kids Movies as separate Media folders, and then uncheck them in the user-profile settings to have them as separate views.

Ok. Thanks but when I went through the server set up I added two directories I thought.

Kids movies and movies and told the server where each of them were. Hence I see each as an option to select in mbc. Well, I think I've set it up right anyways but mbt behaves differently.

@@byngo

You might want to create separate users instead of setting view preferences. That makes it easy to limit content to specific media folders. For instance, I have an "Adults" user, a "Kids" user, and an "Admin" user. You can then determine which media folders are available to each user through the dashboard control panel like this:

547cd7350190a_ScreenShot055.png

Vidman

Ok. Thanks but when I went through the server set up I added two directories I thought.

Kids movies and movies and told the server where each of them were. Hence I see each as an option to select in mbc. Well, I think I've set it up right anyways but mbt behaves differently.

You need to do as @@Beardyname suggested for MBT to show them as separate folder as MBT follows the layout settings specified in the web client user display settings which by default groups all media folders into media types Edited by Vidman

Ok. All advice appreciated. Will have another look into my settings. Cheers.

EDIT: -

Thanks, I found the user profile settings in the web interface and now MBT shows my media collections as separate options.

Ive not gone with the separate windows User accounts as yet which would of course provide access restrictions for the kids.

That's mainly because in my previous experiences of setting up a fresh install of windows for the HTPC environment, I had realised that having user accounts presents a log-in screen at start up of course and when you have a front end you want it to load straight into, the log-in screen is just an interruption that means the keyboard and mouse have to come out.

So that is where I started from with my new HTPC set-up.

I didn't know until afterwards that I could set up MB to handle the log in element for me.

Cheers anyway. Im happy.

Edited by byngo