Does MBT install reclock, MadVR and LAV??

byngo

HI,

Ive been a fan of MB for a long time and have been playing with a new HTPC set up. (I was on MB2 integrated with WMC with old HTPC set-up)

So, on new machine ive now installed MB3 and MBC which I have gathered is a kin to what i am used to .

I mostly play a movie collection of ripped bluray in MKV or full disc ISO and a few in MP4 or DVD format.

I noticed MBT could be another tantalising prospect cause I don't actually use WMC for anything else very often, maybe a bit of music.

As yet I have not installed any codec packs or stuff like that to make the internal players (WMC) play my stuff natively but then noticed when having a play with MBT that it has config options for MadVR, Re-Clock and LAV.

Has MBT installed these already or do I need to install them somewhere????

If it has will it remove them if I choose to uninstall MBT?

At the moment I am concentrating on using PDVD as an external player in MBC for all my media because Ive done it that way before and found it to be my most successful method especially in terms of smooth play back of those troublesome panning shots but maybe MBT would be the way forward but when I tried a HD MKV the other day the payback was poor with framerate / jerky playback issues.

I did play with the config in MBT including MADVR, reclock, lav and HW decoding settings but no difference.

AMD HTPC specs:-

CPU = FX 8350 @ 4.0Ghz octocore

MOBO = Asus M5A99 FX PRO R2.0

RAM = 8GB

Video= Sapphire 6770 1GB

Win 7 x64 on an SSD.

Ok, so you were all giving me the time to read up some more. Thanks. :lol:

Its just LAV but I assume they must be classed as internal filters. (ie would not available to other software players such as MPC-HC, not that I need that with MBT)

• Like 1