Unable to Connect to localhost

ESO223
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

So, this just started after some Windows Updates and updating to the latest server. After being on the most recent beta. I can't connect to localhost (from localhost) and display the dashboard. I tried restarting the server several times without success - sometimes after a few minutes I would get a "unhandled exception object reference not set..." error and it would force close. I also tried restarting the computer too, hoping that might change things, and had no different success. Here's the log:

http://paste2.org/VbpKpUHv

Any other ideas what to try? Doesn't appear to connect from any clients I have on the local network either.

• Solution

yea there are some major startup issues there. it looks like application files could potentially be corrupt. try installing from the website on top of your current installation.

• Like 1

Ok thanks. That seemed to have done the trick. Should be noted I got a System.IO warning about "MediaBrowser-Server/system" and not being able to write to the folder, during my first two installation attempts. I changed the attributes of everything inside from Read-Only and tried re-installing again and it worked fine.

• 1 month later...
steve265

Luke,

Newbie here to MB3 and have had to use your fix three times already. Your fix should be a sticky. Not sure what the real cause for needing the fix is, but it works! Thanks.

s