Question about MB Plus

jmoreng1

jmoreng1

Hello all. I really hate to ask something like this, as I can usually find the answers for myself- but this one has pushed me to the edge. I'm trying to use MB Plus for classic. Through my investigations, I have figured out that I must install a server plug in, along with the MBC plug in. The MB Plus site makes this seem very matter of fact, so I must be completely blind here. So I went to the server page, and of course it says I have no plugins (MBC shows the plug in installed and ready). I then go to the plug in catalog, like it says, and click on MB Plus. Go to install, and it says it must be installed from the application using it. So how do I do this for server plug ins? I must be missing something completely, because the only server interface I can see is the dashboard- where you can of course configure everything else- but "plug ins" just sends me in circles. Please help!

I also have another thing driving me nuts that should probably go in the MBC forum, but I'll take a stab here, in case I'm missing something obvious again and it's a simple solution.

My movies and videos are on another computer, I correctly put in the path (WMC sees them fine) but the server and MB shows nothing. Do I have to install the server on the other computer too? This is becoming very frustrating. I spent all weekend setting up and trying XBMC and even Media Portal without issue- I just keep coming back to WMC's functionality, although lacking in features. I though MB would fulfill that, but man it's not cooperating.

Thanks in advance.

The plugin catalog has three tabs - server, classic and theater. You can find the server MB+ plugin underneath the server tab.

jmoreng1

Thank you! I figured it was something simple I was missing. I really have to look at this from a different angle than the other media software. I really want this to work.

If anyone has thoughts on what I'm doing wrong with the movie folder (like having to have the server software on all connected machines, which is what I am guessing), please let me know. Thanks again!

jmoreng1

Yes I was just speculating, as MBC showed all of my music and picture files on the local machine, but not my movies that were on another, no matter what I tried. In desperation, I thought maybe the server software had to be on any computer housing the media files. But since I got MB Plus working (thanks to you showing me my oversight), they now show up with that; no idea why. It wasn't the restart, because I tried that multiple times before. Before Plus- "no items" under movies. After- all there. I've just been reading SO many forums and wikis this weekend, who knows what I did. Unfortunately, everything I've tried feels clunky; except WMC; which has great seamless netflix and Bluray playing. I am hoping to get a good look and improved features with MB, but the set up has been trying. Thanks again!