MB Server unable to check version update

Chuck

I've been consistently receiving the following error ...

Version 3.0.5424.1

There was an error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository

I've also been receiving intermittent errors with plugins saying that the trial period is over.  However, I have paid the support fee and have a key installed

Looks like that could be the challenge.  I have the router set to auto detect IPV6, and I'm using Comcast.

I reset the IPV6, and was able to get the updates.

Looks like the router is loosing the IPV6 configuration from Comcast on occasion.

• Like 1

Looks like that could be the challenge.  I have the router set to auto detect IPV6, and I'm using Comcast.

I reset the IPV6, and was able to get the updates.

Looks like the router is loosing the IPV6 configuration from Comcast on occasion.

Could you explain with a bit more detail what you did to resolve the issue? There have been several other users that have had issues connecting to our server via IPv6 on Comcast and any further details we can get on a resolution might help us towards a more permanent fix, or at least some guidelines for others to follow.

Thanks!

Sure ...

I'm using a Netgear Nighthawk R7000

In the Advanced Tab, Advanced Set-up, I selected IPv6

It was set to Auto Detect, but ...

Connection Type DHCP
Router's IPv6 Address On WAN

Was not showing the IPv6 address that should have been taken from DHCP

I switched the option to Disabled and applied, then went back to Auto Detect.  That seemed to have resolved the IPv6 address from DHCP, and all was good.

post-271-0-40097400-1417439785_thumb.png

Edited by Chuck
  • Like 1

Hi @@bigjohn, Chuck

I will be interested if Chuck's refresh of ipv6 proves to be a long term fix. My experience has been different. Connectivity with ipv6 has been so sporadic, that I am back to using ipv4 addresses in my local host file.

BigJohn do you think we can make ipv6 as an option ? You would probably know better, but it looks like other apps us alternate dns entries for ipv4 and ipv6. for example something like

ipv4.mb3admin.com  for ipv4
mb3admin.com          for ipv6

The server team will probably hate it but then based on a check box they can append the "ipv4." to the various urls. There is a more eloquent solution I am sure, but I will leave that up to you guys.

I just would like the ability to select one or the other without mucking around with the hosts file or disabling ipv6 at the system level. 

Thanks!!

• Like 1

What I noticed when I initially went into the router was that the IPv6 on the WAN and the LAN were both blank.  That's why I did the refresh.  It looked to me that the issue was with the Comcast DHCP assignment.

@@Vicpa,

Good idea, thanks for the input. We're already looking at ways to accomplish this and will take your idea into consideration.