Question about Avast Antivirus

poet1958

poet1958

i can no longer connect since you pushed the update tonite

I can access server dashboard but neith my kindle or nexus 7 or lg lucid can connect

none of them can find the server

too many freaking updates with little warning

im using the latest androud releasetranscode-364a8d65-4e15-4b11-8e0f-487dfe442162.txt

edit: figured it out on my own...avast internet security did not recognize the update as the same program that was in the allowed list.... since i was frantically trying to find what it could be i  was willing to try anything....even though media browser 3 was already in my allowed list, I turned the firewall off and i connected. so i deleted  the rules pertaining to  media browser 3, turned the firewall back on, and reallowed  media browser 3 and its fine now...

I have updated media browser 3 many times over the last 2 years and never have I had this issue... but since it began when the update was pushed id guess something about this update was somewhat different. even though it was named the same and in the same location.

Id sticky this in case others have the same issue..... it was driving me to drink

Edited by poet1958

poet1958

its ok it seemes that avast saw the update to mb3 as a  'new' program. once i figured out that avast was blocking it i just re added the firewall exception

i had never had a pushed update to mb3 before since i usually update it manually so i think avast didnt know it was already in my allowed list

it took me 6 hours last night to find out what was causing it however