Cover Art 3D

ireme
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hello ebr, I have a main folder with several 3D movies (each one in a folder) and I would want the 3D Indicator overlay but I can not find where to indicate to CoverArt the main folder has the 3D movies.
Am I doing something wrong?

CashMoney

Are your files marked with a 3D tag? E.g "My Movie (2010) [hsbs]" or edited in the metadata manager as 3D. This is how mb knows it's 3D content, which if cover art is set to display the 3D indicator it will do so automatically.

Thanks to answer Cashmoney, I have not the tag [hsbs] for the movies but how to edit the metadata manager as 3D? It's possible to edit for a root folder with 120 movies as 3D?

pgriffith

I do have my movies tagged with HSBS etc etc but my I'm not getting the 3D tag with Cover Art. All other indicators ie. Resolution, Subtitle & Audio all appear as normal.

CashMoney

@@ireme, I'm not 100% sure but I think it can only be done with individual files, which does seem a bit of an oversight. If you start a feature request post, I for one will support it, I'm sure others would as well :)

@@pgriffith, you have the indicator enabled in the cover art plugin settings? I don't know if there is limit to how many indicators you can have in one corner but could it to have too many? If none of this helps then I'm not sure, maybe ebr or someone else more knowledgeable can help.

Edited by CashMoney

Putting the tag on a folder should work for all the contents underneath it as well (at least that is how it was designed and how it used to work).

However, I think there is a bug in the current server that makes the tag reading not work.

I renamed my 3D root directory to "3D BLU-RAY [hsbs]" , but the 3D indicator doesn't appear.

As you say must be a bug in the server.

pgriffith

@@ireme, I'm not 100% sure but I think it can only be done with individual files, which does seem a bit of an oversight. If you start a feature request post, I for one will support it, I'm sure others would as well :)

@@pgriffith, you have the indicator enabled in the cover art plugin settings? I don't know if there is limit to how many indicators you can have in one corner but could it to have too many? If none of this helps then I'm not sure, maybe ebr or someone else more knowledgeable can help.

Yah, only have one indicator in each corner.

I renamed my 3D root directory to "3D BLU-RAY [hsbs]" , but the 3D indicator doesn't appear.

As you say must be a bug in the server.

The server that went out yesterday should fix it.  Not sure if you'll have to refresh or just re-scan.

Sorry ebr, but renaming the folder as (f.ej) "Avatar (2009) [hsbs]" doesn't work.

The only way is renaming too the contents as "Avatar (2009) [hsbs].mkv" and "Avatar (2009) [hsbs].jpg"

I just installed last MBS dev and CoverArt version.

it should be on the video file. it's always been documented that way. then you're going to have any related videos underneath getting tagged as 3d and it's going to be a hack job for us to get those excluded. and i'm trying to get us more friendly to random non-standard organizations. the video file name is king.

• Solution

So, that would be a "yes".

Sorry guys, but you cannot indicate an entire folder is 3D anymore.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
fantaxp7

So, that would be a "yes".

Sorry guys, but you cannot indicate an entire folder is 3D anymore.

I just had noticed that my latest 3d movies do not have the icon anymore.

So we must now put 3d in the title of all 3d movies?

I just had noticed that my latest 3d movies do not have the icon anymore.

So we must now put 3d in the title of all 3d movies?

Or just use the metadata editor to indicate the 3D format.

fantaxp7

Or just use the metadata editor to indicate the 3D format.

Ok great.

One other thing I noticed recently, I have two copies of a movie where one is 3d and the other is the non-3d version. While watching the non-3d version I noticed in the resume area that both movies are listed. 54aaa8f304acb_coverart3d.png

Yes, we track all user data (resume status) by tmdb or imdb ID.  This is what allows us to not lose that information when you change the physical location of your items.  However, it also means we can't know the difference between different versions of the same film unless they are defined differently by those providers.