Wish list: UI and Media Center Remote support, Screen Saver

Vicpa

Hi,

I am enjoying the most recent client update and encouraged by the feature support and apparent direction!

Maybe it is the impending holidays, but I thought I would get my wish list together :) (I am sure other's will vary)

1) UI

a. Volume slider. Other than the remote I can't find a way to change volume except at the system level.

b. Jump to "Now Playing" from Music. If I right click the top drop down menu doesn't give me a now playing choice There is a Home, Movies, TV Shows, Music and Remote. "Now Playing" is an option on other screens, can it be added here?

2) Screen Saver, for music or extended pause. The backdrop thing from MBT and MBC would be ok

3) Expanding support for media center remote. Transcoding, direct play and direct stream, aside for the moment. The app and UI is the most  feature complete modern client I have. It would be great to have full support for Media Center remotes. Play, Pause, vol etc are great, navigation would complete the UX. I like to use the client on my HTPC, so maybe others could care less..

Thanks!!

politby

That's one of the things which really puzzles me: why Microsoft has not included full eHome remote support in the Metro UI API. AFAIK no app exists that supports the eHome remote beyond moving between and selecting apps on the Start screen.

--

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate from missing information.