Server scan fails

Heckler

Heckler

This evening my server scan failed to complete, I checked and the error given is 

An item with the same key has already been added

So I ran the scan again and got the same error message.

I checked what had been added today, and found 3 episodes of TV shows since the previous scan (I run scans every 6hrs).

I checked and found that in the data one of this episodes is showing up twice, Both entries have the correct metadata and the following hash

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/edititemmetadata.html?id=cfbbee9647ec768f453293524f918ca0#

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/edititemmetadata.html?id=cfbbee9647ec768f453293524f918ca0#

But one shows up as the episode and one doesn't... This is causing the scan to fail.

So a couple of questions.

How did it happen, and how do I fix it?

There is only 1 file on my system, there is no duplicate metadata in the folder/season/metadata and deleting the metadata and scanning again doesn't work.

Tharnax

Hmmm, Heckler's description of the data he was seeing when he received the error does follow what I noticed as well.

I noticed, for some reason, I was missing the entire 3rd season of Walking Dead.  I obtained it and all the episodes were moved to the correct Season folder at approximately the same time.  However, only up to Season 3, episode 6 appeared in MB3 when I went to TV/Suggested.  Walking Dead, Season 3, episode 6 showed up twice.  The first one (newest) had all the correct media data and an image from the show, with correct "labeling", i.e. 720, Dolby Digital, etc.  The second one was grey with basically no meta data.

I didn't really put the two together as one issue until Heckler's post.  Of course, on a server reset all new episodes of Walking Dead, Season 3 appeared correctly and the Scan Media Library task was working find again.  It could make this issue more difficult to reproduce, but it appears to occur, based on two documented instances so far, that adding multiple episodes to a Season could cause this issue.

Sorry, I couldn't get logs to make it easier to figure out where the issue occurred.  

Heckler

Cheers, restarting the server cleared the error and it scanned fine.

I thought I'd uploaded the log file on my original post... it appears I didn't though.