slowdown since a recent upgrade

bob808

I am using the latest dev build of server and client, but about a week ago I have noticed an issue where it takes a while to load the list of items in my library - using either the web interface to the server or the mce client.

If I go to the list of movies it takes 2-5 seconds before displaying it, and in tv series the items load and show, but it takes 2-5 seconds for the watched flags to then change to show the correct number of watched items.  This was instant until a week ago so not sure if I have corruption in the library somehow of if its related to a recent build?

I don't see any errors in the log, has anyone else noticed anything slowing down recently?  I am happy to reinstall if need be - but if I do is there any way to preserve watched flags for my tv series?

many of the recent dev builds have been requiring new metadata and/or image downloads. it's normal. if this is bothering you it's best to go back to the beta.

• Like 1

I just rechecked my log and maybe there is an issue - I now see this in the log:

2013-10-23 18:23:28.1267, Error, HttpServer, Error receiving web socket message
 An internal WebSocket error occurred. Please see the innerException, if present, for more details.
 System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketException
    at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketBase.ThrowIfConvertibleException(String methodName, Exception exception, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean aborted)
    at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketBase.d__1.MoveNext()
 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.NativeWebSocket.d__4.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.NativeWebSocket.d__0.MoveNext()
 InnerException: System.Net.HttpListenerException
 The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
    at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketHttpListenerDuplexStream.d__0.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
    at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketBase.WebSocketOperation.d__47.MoveNext()
    at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketBase.d__1.MoveNext()

there is no magic button if that's what you're asking and we don't have the bandwidth to provide much support for dev builds. these issues are normally resolved by the time it hits public beta.

• Like 1

Thanks, I didn't mean fully automated as such, but if there was any detail about what is missing now so it can be sourced and added that would be great.  Either way its not a staggering delay I just wanted to check incase it was an issue on my install rather than expected behaviour in the dev builds