Refresh People Error: Create links on a filesystem

smokey7722

• 1 month later...
smokey7722

So its been a little while on this but I figured I would update here as the thread was already going on the topic.  It looks like the XML data is being copied to my network share but the images are all being copied internally to the servers folder at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data.

Luke - I know you mentioned earlier about that potential and that that code may or may not be working right.  Is there are logs or assistance I can provide to try to get this resolved?  If the xml's are going to the network share, I would expect all files to be going there as thats where it should be redirected to. 

EDIT:  Just found the thread and data about moving the server cache and am setting that up now.  The one question about that though is shouldn't the IBN images be moved into the IBN folder and not the standard app cache folders?

Edited by smokey7722

it is working now based on your settings. but there's no cleanup of files that were saved to the wrong place a couple months ago

smokey7722

Hmm ok.  I also changed the Cache location via the web interface config to a network path.  The odd thing though is the storage used on the local server is in the data folder, not the cache folder.  The local cache folder only has about 75MB while data has about 15GB.  I kicked off the RefreshPeople task and that now looks to be downloading data to the network path for IBN.  However the new Cache folder is 100% empty.

the cache folder has nothing to do with this. if you browse the web client then you'll start to see the cache folder get populated. our clients use the server api to resize images to the size they need. this output is then stored in the cache folder to spare your server's cpu from having to do it again in the future.  there are other purposes of the cache folder but that's the primary one.

smokey7722

Ok I was confusing myself a little.  So the data folder that has 15GB of various images - is there a configuration item to relocate that somewhere?