When are you implementing a waiting periode before alowing posting?

One2Go

Something was done. Where is the spam now? Nothing more needs to be done. Relax. Breathe. It will be okay.

Thanks. "Something was done. No more needs to be done" and I still get 144. I am relaxed, 

Why punish everyone new, because 2 or 3 morons think we need the great baba and some psychic reading? They go overboard stupid and flood the forum. Hoping it stays. This is counter intuitive as the more they post, the more you notice it. So if they are flood in large groups of posts this is ridiculously easy to patrol, spot, and remove. Electing to stop it by forcing every single new user to jump through hoops will reduce participation on this forum.

If anything, maybe more moderators spread evenly into as many timezones as possible to help patrol?

shaefurr

Its not really that bad, ive only seen a huge amount of spam 3 times or so, and its always gone fairly quickly, usually seems to happen late at night US time.

If it was to be moderated I wouldn't add more crap for new users to go through, I would just limit new users to 2 new topics per day for the first day or two. But I don't think its needed, if you check the new posts and see the spam, just wait a bit and it'll be gone.