Everything Works except for playing movies

KarterJK

KarterJK

My server is set, I get all of my artwork, album covers, etc.

I can access and play all of my music, in any of the modes, Mediabrowser Theatre, via browser, etc....

however

I can not play any of my movies via the browser, but they will play through the dashboard and theatre mode. They are on network drives, and vob files within the video_ts folder.  Are vob playable only in direct mode?

Tried several accounts and they all act the same, am I missing something here?

Edited by KarterJK

KarterJK

Actually, I got it all figured out.... :)

I ended up just installing VLC as an external player and it handles it all perfectly, everything is working great.   A bit confusing to understand how it all works, but got it in the end (still not clear on how the web browser part works).

Very nice job, thank you.... I really didn't want to use Plex

Glad its working. And by the way, nobody streams folder rips perfectly. Pretty much every media server relies on ffmpeg and it has no native support for then

Yes vob files present some challenges. Our streaming and transcoding of them is experimental. for clients that can play them directly they should be fine.

KarterJK

Glad its working. And by the way, nobody streams folder rips perfectly. Pretty much every media server relies on ffmpeg and it has no native support for then

I know, but thus far yours handles it the best.   My library has a little over a 1000 movies (all in video_ts) format, just to lazy to convert them all to something else, so am sooooo happy Media Browser handles it so well : :rolleyes: