Debug falsely enabled

Angelblue05

saitoh183

Okay, so to "fix" this - at least until the server restarts again, you guys just go to that config page and save it again with the checkbox unchecked?

The only fix we have just figured out is to not restart the server at any point once the new log is created at midnight

The only fix we have just figured out is to not restart the server at any point once the new log is created at midnight

Okay.  I imagine saving the page where the debug option is set would also do it - until the next re-start.

saitoh183

Okay.  I imagine saving the page where the debug option is set would also do it - until the next re-start.

You mean check/uncheck then save? Are settings applied immediately or after next restart? 

Edited by saitoh183

You mean check/uncheck then save? Are settings applied immediately or after next restart? 

Whether or not this one reacts immediately, I'm not sure.  If not, it obviously, won't work since a re-start will reset it again.  If you could try that out and let us know that would be great.  Thx.

Angelblue05

I have tried it many times @@ebr. It doesn't work :( I thought it was like a sticky setting or something, but the configs file really state as debug being false/disabled. It's almost as if the forced restart has a built-in debug enabled that can't be overwritten by the debug enabled option. I will attach the midnight log, and the forced server restart log, maybe you'll see something I'm missing.

Whether or not this one reacts immediately, I'm not sure.  If not, it obviously, won't work since a re-start will reset it again.  If you could try that out and let us know that would be great.  Thx.

I've noticed this line doesn't appear at the beginning of the log when I force restart the server, so maybe it has to do with the way the new log is created?:

2014-12-08 00:00:00.0737 Info - App: Start new log file Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds

Midnight log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/233515ik9uudgmz/server-63553593600.txt?dl=0

Forced restart log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dthx5bx0sr53o8g/server-63553598002.txt?dl=0

Edited by Angelblue05

Okay, then it doesn't react to that change immediately and so that will not help you out.

What you guys are calling a "midnight restart" is not a restart at all.  All that is happening is a new log is being created.  The side-effect is that it is being created with the proper logging level but the one at true start-up is not.

saitoh183

No worries.  I think we at least now know where to look for the problem.  Thx.

Here is a new one,

Right now, i have not restarted the my server since the new log was created at midnight. Currently i only see "info" lines only and i can open the log via the WebUI. When i Enable the debug (check the box) and retry to open the Log via the WebUi, i get the (this is just a image of a older fail)

548721c6bba3f_logerror.jpg

When i uncheck debug, i can open the log again via the webui.

2014-12-09 11:18:53.4100 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
	System.OutOfMemoryException
	   at System.Text.Encoding.GetBytes(String s)
	   at ServiceStack.Support.NetDeflateProvider.Deflate(String text)
	   at ServiceStack.StreamExt.Compress(String text, String compressionType)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.<GetStaticResult>d__7.MoveNext()

2014-12-09 11:18:53.4100 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/System/Logs/Log?name=server-63553680013.txt&api_key=e08fe12a130142138229e6bc74d14d9a
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available
Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

Here is a new one,

Right now, i have not restarted the my server since the new log was created at midnight. Currently i only see "info" lines only and i can open the log via the WebUI. When i Enable the debug (check the box) and retry to open the Log via the WebUi, i get the (this is just a image of a older fail)

548721c6bba3f_logerror.jpg

When i uncheck debug, i can open the log again via the webui.

2014-12-09 11:18:53.4100 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	System.OutOfMemoryException
	   at System.Text.Encoding.GetBytes(String s)
	   at ServiceStack.Support.NetDeflateProvider.Deflate(String text)
	   at ServiceStack.StreamExt.Compress(String text, String compressionType)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.<GetStaticResult>d__7.MoveNext()

2014-12-09 11:18:53.4100 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/System/Logs/Log?name=server-63553680013.txt&api_key=e08fe12a130142138229e6bc74d14d9a
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

Ok...scratch that post...catalyst control center was eating up memory at the same time i had enabled the debug....coincidence

saitoh183

updated to 732...and restarted kodi...still waiting to see if the error will happen

MBS RAM 829.3MB

Oups!!!

Wrong thread

Edited by saitoh183

• 6 months later...
paul777

Found the solution to this, the problem is with the update LogLevel function that only adds log levels at the moment but doesn't disable them, and when the apps starts it defaults to Debug, we try to correct this when the config then loads but that doesn't work because of the above. It is not until we roll the log and do a full reinit with the config value that things get put right. Fix is this function

private void UpdateLogLevel(LogSeverity newLevel)
        {
            var level = GetLogLevel(newLevel);

var rules = LogManager.Configuration.LoggingRules;

foreach (var rule in rules)
            {
                if (!rule.IsLoggingEnabledForLevel(level))
                {
                    rule.EnableLoggingForLevel(level);
                }
                foreach (var lev in rule.Levels.ToArray())
                {
                    if (lev < level)
                        rule.DisableLoggingForLevel(lev);
                }

}
        }