Latest update locked me out

AxeMan
Go to solution Solved by AxeMan,

Today, I logged in to get on dashboard  from localhost and am greeted with a login screen. My admin account was set NOT to display on login screens. I have no idea what I set the password to  - since I pretty much never had to login. I always did admin stuff from localhost.

Am I the only fool in this predicament?

• Solution

well - i exited server... renamed users.db to users.db.bak ... started server and logged in. had my admin profile ready to go.

then I exited server again. and deleted the newly created users.db and renamed users.db.bk to users.db

I am back in business. I have reset my admin login's password to something semi-memorable. Until next year.

on the current release server 5421 it will let you into localhost without a password. it even says so right at the bottom of the page. so you didn't need to do that.

on the current release server 5421 it will let you into localhost without a password. it even says so right at the bottom of the page. so you didn't need to do that.

but the thing is, it didn't do that. It hasn't ever presented me witha login screen on local host. Something was not working properly.

wait - let me clarify - it was only showing my non-admin accounts. when I tried manual login and entered my admin account's name - blank password didn't work. and neither did entering in what i thought was the password.

Edited by AxeMan

i can promise you it was working properly. your saved credentials probably just expired and you had to login again. it will happen once in a while.

i can promise you it was working properly. your saved credentials probably just expired and you had to login again. it will happen once in a while.

haha probably. either way i am back in business. Perhaps I should just blank out my admin acct password, and leave it hidden from login screens still. So even if i need a manual login I can get in.

Anyhoo - thanks for replying back either way; and keep up the damned good work!

• 3 weeks later...

weird cause I have THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM  so its not working correctly.

There's a forgot password/login button that resets all accounts. It works brilliantly! try it