Collections Crossover in Movies

AgileHumor

AgileHumor

Hi folks I was wondering how the logic of Collection/Boxset based on Categories/Libraries/Collection view.

My setup is MBS with Movies in 4 Categories/Libraries/Collections:

• Movies (with Collection/Boxset  #1)
  • Christmas Movies (with Collection/Boxset  #2)
  • Standup Comedy (with Collection/Boxset  #3)
  • Kids Movies (with Collection/Boxset  #4)

Note: In my personal preferences I've set the above collections to NOT be lumped with core movies list under "My Views" configuration. 

Expected Results:

Collections view only show Collection/Boxset in that Categories/Libraries/Collections.    i.e. under the Kids Movies, only Collection/Boxset  #4 shows. 

Actual Results:

Collection view shows all Collection/Boxset in every Categories/Libraries/Collections.    i.e. under the Kids Movies, Collection/Boxset #1 to #4 shows.  Also, in every other Categories/Libraries/Collection.

Is this by design?

Not a big deal for my use cases (and I know I can hide colelctions)...but wanted to report it if it wasn't by design.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

I see the crossover only with collections and genre for my Movies and Kids Movies, media folders.

• 2 months later...
Koleckai Silvestri

There are times when you go from a movie/television show and back to the movie/series list where it forgets your library configuration and goes back to old view style. I opened a thread about this months ago and it was never resolved. 

The easiest way to trigger this is in the Web Client:

1. Go into a Movie Folder
  2. Click on Collections in the top horizontal menu.
  3. Then click on Movies in the top horizontal menu.

For television shows, it happens if you go into a series and then click the Shows link in the horizontal listing. I keep doing that and my Anime is always listed with current television even though they are completely separate libraries.

To keep them separate, you need to Click on a Movie folder, Click on Collections and then choose the Movie folder again from the top-left menu. Any other method of getting to the movie folder after viewing collections will break the listings. Maybe it will be fixed one day but I don't think it is a priority for any of the developers.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

StealthDefender

For me it seems that the collection feature in movie list is tottaly broken since a while.

When i click the collections button all is fine and shows my [boxsets] as it should. But when i go under all movies there are no sets anymore.

Setting is correct, it makes also no difference if i turn the collection setting on or off!

This problem occurs on the webinterface and the kodi mediabrowser plugin.

I have reported this in several threads because i was thinking this is an skin problem but looks like an server issue.

Greetz Stealth

post-3982-0-44247700-1423812516_thumb.png

post-3982-0-34919400-1423812527_thumb.png

post-3982-0-67023900-1423812528_thumb.png

Edited by StealthDefender

CashMoney

Have you tried using the parental controls/metadata manager to tag your collections? Once tag'd you can then prevent them from showing up on a per user basis via parental control. There is a tutorial on this somewhere, I think I wrote it ...

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14870-guide-hidingexcluding-media-collections-via-tags/

It's manual, and not what we really want, but it does work to keep your collections from appearing in other libraries. 

One of my customers is in a similar situation; he's a big horror and B movie fan, but the rest of his household (all adults) can't stand to see even the covers, let alone the movies themselves. We just tag all his collections and prevent them from showing up in other users libraries.

Edited by CashMoney

Koleckai Silvestri

Personally, I am not using parental controls at all. My youngest child is 19. Multiple libraries are used for organizational and personal preference not to limit access. Nothing is limited by user. Multiple users are used for favorites and watch status only.

StealthDefender

For me it is not about parental control or something. Its about the list that is too big with all the movies sets shown in the all movies list! This occurs since a few updates!

Looks like no one cares about it. I am the only one who see this and think that its a mess?!? :)

Greetz Stealth

For me it seems that the collection feature in movie list is tottaly broken since a while.

When i click the collections button all is fine and shows my [boxsets] as it should. But when i go under all movies there are no sets anymore.

Setting is correct, it makes also no difference if i turn the collection setting on or off!

This problem occurs on the webinterface and the kodi mediabrowser plugin.

I have reported this in several threads because i was thinking this is an skin problem but looks like an server issue.

Greetz Stealth

attachicon.gifUnbenannt.PNG

attachicon.gifUnbenannt1.PNG

attachicon.gifUnbenannt2.PNG

So does this mean you are using manual file-structure-based box sets?  It may be that some support for those has fallen off since that is not a documented feature anymore.  You could try using the built-in collection feature in the server and/or the auto box sets plug-in.

StealthDefender

The collections [boxSets] feature work. Means under the menu point"collections" my sets appear. And when you tick "collapse sets" under the settings normally all the movie they are in a [boxSet] Folder collapse to this.

It worked like a charm for a while but now this is corrupt.

Tested on 4 systems with Kodi and media browser plugin and on 3 laptops over the webbrowser. Iphone app also!

Greetz Stealth

Like I said, it is quite possible that method doesn't work properly everywhere anymore.  Since it is no longer a documented feature, it won't get tested or addressed as quickly.

CashMoney

Personally, I am not using parental controls at all. My youngest child is 19. Multiple libraries are used for organizational and personal preference not to limit access. Nothing is limited by user. Multiple users are used for favorites and watch status only.

My tutorial isn't about "parental" controls, this is about tagging items and restricting access to those items from specific users, regardless of their age. Just because the tags can be set to hidden under the parental controls system doesn't mean you have to use parental controls specifically.  :)

As I say, I have one customer who does the same, and no one in his household is child; just no one else in his household wants to see his horror movies.

Koleckai Silvestri

My tutorial isn't about "parental" controls, this is about tagging items and restricting access to those items from specific users, regardless of their age. Just because the tags can be set to hidden under the parental controls system doesn't mean you have to use parental controls specifically. :)

As I say, I have one customer who does the same, and no one in his household is child; just no one else in his household wants to see his horror movies.

My issue isn't about hiding things from users. It is about movies showing up in views they don't belong in.

That is items in my Disney Animation folder showing up in my Movie folder even though they are separate physical drives and views. It happens when I view collections then go back to movie view.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

• 2 weeks later...
CashMoney

This is a long standing issue, and I agree something should be done about it, but as I mentioned before, you can use tags and the parental controls to filter them out manually.

It is not ignoring parental control.  If you give that collection a proper rating, parental controls will filter it out.

What it is ignoring is the separate user library access because there is only one set of collections as opposed to different ones for different users.