intersting monitor

techywarrior

techywarrior

I can't find where we were discussing monitors and aspect ratios but this is a rather interesting new monitor being released:

http://anandtech.com/show/8740/eizo-announces-the-ips-265-flexscan-ev2730q-monitor-with-1920x1920-resolution

It's 1920x1920 and they even mention how "coders" would benefit from the extra vertical space (for whoever was wondering why I was so insistent on 1920x1200 or better :) )

Redshirt

That could be interesting in my daily usage. God knows the Android Studio IDE doesn't leave much room available for the actual code editor. Although you can hide all the dressing by a simple tab click.

546cf4c9456fd_android_studio.png

techywarrior

Looks similar to the IDE I use (PHPStorm) except at least I have more width for code since there is no preview on the right. Of course it's worse in a way too because I need to have a browser window to view my work and it doesn't work well to not have a normal size window for previewing.

I wonder how much the monitor will be when it comes out. I very well may grab one for my dev station.

I have two 1600x1200 monitors in portrait (so, 1200x1600), which are great for opening additional files on.

546d1e8866502_monitors.png

They are pretty much perfect for viewing code on, and the main monitor can quite comfortably fit 2 windows side by side with decent height.

• Like 1