Media Folders Not Listed Under Library

PeteS457

PeteS457

Hi all. I have two MB server instances on two different machines: one for testing and the other is my "production" server for the household. They are basically identical except in how I start them. I start my test server with "Run on Startup" and I start my production server as a service. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem, but thought it might be good info as everything else seems to be the same between the two versions. I'm using the latest server software on both machine (5424.1)

Under the Library section from dashboard on the test machine, I can open up a media library and see all the media locations (and folder type), remove locations, etc. Just like I expect it to work. When go to the Library section from the dashboard on my production server, I can see all my media libraries, but when I open any of them, the media locations are not listed. I can't remove them, change them, etc. However, the locations are being read correctly as  Media Browser list all the media libraries and the content is all there. However, I'm reorganizing my media and need to change a lot of the locations, but I can't because they're not listed.

Can someone help me with this issue? Is it something I'm overlooking? Thanks in advance.

PeteS457

Do you have the user permission set the same on both servers?

Well, I thought I did. Thanks to your question, I went and double-checked - and lo and behold, the user permissions under "Profile" and "Library Access" were set the same except for "Allow this user to delete library content" wasn't checked on the production server. Very strange, don't know how that happened, and I thought that was probably the answer. But unfortunately, it made no difference when I checked the box. I stopped and restarted the service, but with no change in behavior. No listing of the media folders under the media library, no ability to change or remove media folder locations.

I haven't had to change the media locations in a few months, so I haven't used the dashboard very often the past few months. But I remember this happening once before several months ago on an earlier server version, but it seemed like I rebooted the machine and then the folder locations were listed.

PeteS457

OK. Here are the two screen shots from the "test" server and the "production" server. This is identical media libraries and folder locations, except the production server has an additional 3D media library the test server doesn't have. I have opened up the Movies media library to display the media locations in both instances, Both servers contain the same folder locations and display the same content.

Test Server:

546d25a18c889_CaptureonTestServer.png

Production Server:

546d25c5160d7_CaptureonProductionServer.

Happy2Play

You have to add the locations to your production server.  Each servers configs are independent of the other.

PeteS457

Yes, they are totally independent of one another. The folders have been added already to the production server and used to be listed just like the test server. And the production server correctly displays all my media libraries and all the content in the folder locations within Media Browser. It's just that the Library section will not display those locations on the production server.

Be sure the browser on the production machine is completely up to date and doesn't have any extensions or add-ons that the other one doesn't.  If all of that checks out, try a different browser.

PeteS457

Thanks ebr for your response. I can access the dashboard/library of both servers from either machine by using the following:

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/web/library.html (if on local machine),   OR

http://192.168.1.x:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/library.html (if I want to access the test server from the production machine or access the production server from test machine)

If does not matter if I use Chrome or Internet Explorer for any of these scenarios; the results are the same. I have all updates.