Error in Installing Media Browser Classic

bodazepha31
Go to solution Solved by Yogi,

bodazepha31

This is the error box I get when trying to installing Media Browser Classic, and it occurs on a laptop running windows 8 and a laptop updated to windows 8.1:

Error Executing - C:\WINDOWS\ehome\eshell.exe/nostartupanimation/entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

The system cannot find the file specified

I have no clue what that all means, and was just bummed that it wont install. The media browser server downloads/installs/works like a champ.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this.

-joe

Logos302

Check to make sure you have .net 3.5 install.  On Windows 8.1  there is an update that need to be installed for it to work.  But both will require .net 3.5 install before it will work.  The other thing it could be is mediacenter is not installed.  

bodazepha31

Thanks! I activated net 3.5 via the control panel but will have to shell out $99 to upgrade to the windows pro pack to get media center. Activating .net 3.5 did not solve the problem.

• Solution

To install Media Browesr Classic you need to have WMC installed,it is actually the media centre client. .net 3.5 will not solve the problem

• Like 1

Logos302

for now you could use the web client.  Or one of the other clients, MBT will be coming soon (As they say) which will not require Media Center Classic.  

Edited by Logos302