Combine two folders into one "virtual" folder.

lordbond

lordbond

I would like to know if there is a way to have a folder display the contents of 2 different folders instead of showing links to the folders. I have my tv series in two different folders, Series A-M and Series N-Z. I would like to have another folder called All TV that when you click on it it will display the contents of BOTH Series folders as if they were all in the same folder. Does anyone know of a way I can do this?

Latchmor

Hi, you can do this via your User Prefs like below (click your user icon on the web client homepage). You can't rename the view so you'll have 'TV' and not 'All TV' but it will combine the folder content for you. Below I have left Comedy and Drama ticked and when I go back to the Home page I have a new TV group with all those shows combined.

Cheers

5466458328dbb_Capture.jpg

lordbond

That's not exactly what I am looking for. You don't have that option in Media Browser. When you go to folder view they will be separated.

Happy2Play

Because Folder view is not a virtual view it is a physical view.  The My Views section are  virtual views by folder type. 

It sounds like you just need to setup your media folders differently.

Do you really need to expose the different letter groups?

If not, just create one Media Folder called "TV" and add all the different locations to it.  This is how the system is designed to work.  It will aggregate all the contents (although it cannot combine the same series that exists spread across two physical locations).