Games Wav Files appearing in music library

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

hi, i'm loving what you've done to mb3, its a great piece of work already and plenty more coming from what i can see

i've got one issue that i'm hoping someone else should have come across. pretty much all my media has local metadata obtained through media center master and gamebrowser, plus something i can't remember for music. i had some bits missing though so i though i'd try mb3's inbuilt metadata downloader to see if it could fill the gaps. one problem i've had is that its detected some music files within the games folder and as far as i can see has applied metadata to them and is including them in the music library. obviously i don't want this but how can i stop it scanning the games folder for music without editing the details of every single folder individually. i can't see a way to propagate settings to child folders?

i must be missing something obvious?

thanks

Spaceboy

also, any idea how i can remove the metadata from the wav files? mp3tag is usually my method but doesn't detect the wav's

Redshirt

you don't need the whole game install within your gamebrowser monitored locations. Install the game wherever and just have a dummy pc game structure that has the .gbwin file in it.

Spaceboy

its actually a psp game, counterstrike. but i would have thought ebr's point should stand, i wouldn't expect the games library to be scanned for music. theme tunes in the tv series folder wouldn't be picked up as music, would they?

Spaceboy

actually, i say that but its not true. for some reason i see non-movies appearing in the movie library as well. i always presumed this was something you were working on and would get fixed at some point, perhaps i should have raised it earlier.

So i have some media collections "Sport" and "Other". both were added to MB3 with types "General or Mixed". MB3 has decided that some all of these are movies and i see the 2012 olympics opening ceremony showing up in the movie library. i can see from the detail that its display type is set to Movie but i haven't determined this.

btw i have rebuilt the library a few times in order to try and eradicate this and other issues. last time being just before i started this thread

Edited by Spaceboy

Yes, it appears we are using the collection type to help identify items, but not exclude them.  Perhaps we need to refine that...