Aztec Theme unresponsive/slow

rms8

You've lost 15$?. I lost 30$ for 3 themes but what I paid for that believed in the work of a Dev.

In the future I'll think better before paying.

You and me BOTH.  I know it's "only $15", but it's really the principal.  He is being very deceptive by selling a product that according to him takes a GPU which many may not put in a HTPC since most AMD and Intel GPU solutions work great and don't necessitate the use of a discrete GPU.

I understand you, it's not a matter of money quantity but I feel disappointed and abandoned by the Dev. (in fact there is no response to all this from LeeDavies)

In my case I have waited many months for a solution, and finally I got tired of waiting for (I thing) an easy solution to my issues.

PD. In my case I'm using too the integrate Intel HD graphics (because not noise), over an i5 as you, but my issues are only cosmetics matter, enough to not use Breeze Theme.

Edited by ireme

politby

You and me BOTH. I know it's "only $15", but it's really the principal. He is being very deceptive by selling a product that according to him takes a GPU which many may not put in a HTPC since most AMD and Intel GPU solutions work great and don't necessitate the use of a discrete GPU.

It does not work right even with a discrete GPU, which I have. And ALL other "non-Lee" themes work perfectly even on my other system which runs a measly Celeron w/ iGPU.

I suspect we have a "took the money and ran" situation. :(

--

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate from missing information.

Deihmos

When I tried this theme a while back it was ridiculously slow. I never bothered to try it again. I have decided that Chocolate just works the best,

Same here, the themes from this Dev look outstanding. I bought Breeze in the past but was to slow/buggy. I also don't believe the story about the performance is based on the used CPU/GPU.... I have three systems including one high performance game system and saw on all systems the same sluggish behaviour!  :wacko:  Yeah, I am also one of those persons who lost some money on this....

But good to read I am one of the few having problems... ugh ughhh....

Also turned over to Chocolat some time ago... and this one really rocks! It can really be tweaked to what you desire! (He EBR: you should promote your theme more. I think a lot of people out there are not aware of its possibilities!!!  :) )

By reading above I am also surprised by the reactions of other Devs (finally). 

Edited by 1972

wraslor

Same here, the themes from this Dev look outstanding. I bought Breeze in the past but was to slow/buggy. I also don't believe the story about the performance is based on the used CPU/GPU.... I have three systems including one high performance game system and saw on all systems the same sluggish behaviour!  :wacko:  Yeah, I am also one of those persons who lost some money on this....

But good to read I am one of the few having problems... ugh ughhh....

Also turned over to Chocolat some time ago... and this one really rocks! It can really be tweaked to what you desire! (He EBR: you should promote your theme more. I think a lot of people out there are not aware of its possibilities!!!  :) )

By reading above I am also surprised by the reactions of other Devs (finally). 

Agree with this, i tried chocolate years ago and it wasn't bad but there were some much neater themes and I never looked back at it.  A month or 2 ago someone posted screenshots and I was like holy crap thats chocolate?? Been running it since, very well laid out, all the neat animations, def one of the top themes available and it's free!!
Edited by wraslor

An UPDATE to my PayPal dispute....

In a nut shell Paypal will not cover "virtual" items.

"PayPal Purchase Protection does not cover virtual or intangible items, which means that this payment is not eligible for the dispute resolution process.

PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to tangible, physical goods that can be shipped. Payments for intangible items, services, licenses, or other digital content are not eligible for dispute resolution.

Please note that we do keep track of buyer complaints, and have noted your dissatisfaction in this seller’s account records. Sellers who consistently receive buyer complaints are investigated.
"

If ANYONE has a problem with their themes from Davies, I urge you to file a complaint with Paypal to start building a case against this guy.

politby

I just cannot fathom why someone would alienate an entire community in this way.

I can think of a lot of possible reasons for being forced to abandon development - illness, family reasons, etc. A brief notice on the forum with an explanation would have ensured everyone's understanding and/or sympathy.

I purchased one of the theme packages, they were sold at full price with the promise of a part credit after notifying the developer via email. I never received the credit even after several reminders. After I discovered the performance issues with the themes I requested a refund, which, unsurprisingly, was denied.

--

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate from missing information.

Edited by politby

Soultaker

As a fellow Dev in the mb community. I'm truly disappointed how this one dev lurks in the shadows. Gone are the days where he would trash other devs in the dev forum where the public can't see. Too bad he can't back up his earlier bravado. Don't you agree @@Soultaker

Hi Redshirt,

I'm not the type of guy who says I told you so, but I damn sure told you all so...

• Like 3

Soultaker

Make no mistake, the problems of issues Leedavies is not PC performance.

Besides performance or not, particularly I took months trying to Lee Breeze update to show long wide title. titles and EHS issues, I imagine that problem could be solved within minutes but it seems he is not interested in wasting time on finding solutions

Some time ago I'm not interested in anything related to the Lee's themes and I'm using Pearl theme 2$ (it's a shame that @Soultaker not want to update the Theme to take advantage of MB3) I already used for MB2 for years, It  do not have the Improvements of MB3 (disk rolling , chapters ...) but I'm happy with it and I have no problem and will not change until there is a Theme that convinces me.

You've lost 15$?. I lost 30$ for 3 themes but what I paid for that believed in the work of a Dev.

In the future I'll think better before paying.

First of all I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and many others, unfortunately one developer's actions seem to tarnish all involved. I myself am always teeteering on leaving the community simply because how shit this one individual is.

Anyways before I go way off topic, I can totally understand your frustration and this may be too little too late, but sometime in December I will be removing all monetary contributions for all my themes so hopefully you and others can upgrade to Square at that time and enjoy some of the nicer things in MB3.

Take care

-ST

Redshirt

First of all I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and many others, unfortunately one developer's actions seem to tarnish all involved. I myself am always teeteering on leaving the community simply because how shit this one individual is.

Anyways before I go way off topic, I can totally understand your frustration and this may be too little too late, but sometime in December I will be removing all monetary contributions for all my themes so hopefully you and others can upgrade to Square at that time and enjoy some of the nicer things in MB3.

Take care

-ST

That's a very nice gesture, but after shaking my magic 8-ball. It's made me think that the only reason you're doing that is because you are looking to officially leave the community as well. An option I don't care for :)

Soultaker

That's a very nice gesture, but after shaking my magic 8-ball. It's made me think that the only reason you're doing that is because you are looking to officially leave the community as well. An option I don't care for :)

Now you really are off topic... ;)

saajan4u

I shall be doing the same.. Really disappointed with the purchase and senior lead team not vetting pluggings properly before they go on for sale to the general public.

I shall be doing the same.. Really disappointed with the purchase and senior lead team not vetting pluggings properly before they go on for sale to the general public.

I'm sorry but we can't take responsibility for this.  We are an open platform trying to encourage developers to contribute.  We do everything we can to try and be sure whatever is offered is useful and fits with the system but we cannot possibly inspect and/or test every developers' contributions.

• Like 2

Redshirt

I was going to leave this alone but I just can't.

Not all app stores verify content as it's uploaded. Google for example has no verification policy on Android apps. It's just in the last year that it occurred to them to even start virus scanning submissions. You get 24 hours to decide if you want to keep an app or get a refund. If you buy the app a second time, there is no refund policy. The Media Browser plugin catalog gives you 14 days to try a plugin before deciding if the purchase is worthwhile.

Moving on... let's say for example the senior dev's, with their infinite supply of free time, take a break from sipping margaritas on the beach and test every plugin update that gets published. a task that might be manageable now, but is just a pipe dream when the plugin catalog grows to even double it's current size. What happens when a plugin is published, after being vetted, and the developer later moves on? Or can't keep up with changes in the platform? That plugin now has paying customers. Removing them at this point hurts those customers. Although it's what happened in this situation, it's still the lesser of several evils. 

I'm "really disappointed" that you need to blame the core devs. I've tested every one of Lee's themes when they were released. As a Media Browser consumer I always like to check out new themes before spending money. I could tell that spaztec was bad news from the get go and that's why I haven't spent money on it.

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 3

saajan4u

i think you miss understood me and  I apologies if I'd offended anybody here. I been using mb,mbs for years now. and it has become part of me and part of my family and all I want for mbs and all of its component to be a success. but something like this is a bad reputation. its not matter of $10 I spent its matter of a dev puts a faulty or known problem out for sale just to con people.

yes I learnt my lesson, I will trial and test before I buy from now on..

perhaps set up a ring fenced test procedure or a focus group- people with different skills, different hardware and setups can give the go ahead before it goes for sale that way devs wont have to spend hours testing?

infinitereality

Just came across this thread....  I'm like you, all his themes are laggy to say the least. I'm running an i3 like you with onboard graphics.  I've often wondered why they were, but never proceeded to post something inquiring.  

While I really dig the layout of them and if they weren't so laggy a couple of them would be my #1 and #2 choices to use...   But this issue makes them pointless for me to consider using. Other dev themes seem to work with zero issues, like Chocolate. I think it's dumb you'd have to upgrade the processor to run his stuff.

What does he suggest you need to run his themes?  Just a faster processor? More RAM? Graphics card? 

Another human example that proves the profit always comes first.

Has any of you wondering why the opposite & friendly XBMC-Kodi devs have all their themes-plugins for free for the public?

CashMoney

i think you miss understood me and  I apologies if I'd offended anybody here. I been using mb,mbs for years now. and it has become part of me and part of my family and all I want for mbs and all of its component to be a success. but something like this is a bad reputation. its not matter of $10 I spent its matter of a dev puts a faulty or known problem out for sale just to con people.

yes I learnt my lesson, I will trial and test before I buy from now on..

perhaps set up a ring fenced test procedure or a focus group- people with different skills, different hardware and setups can give the go ahead before it goes for sale that way devs wont have to spend hours testing?

And if they do that, it works for three months, then media browser evolves but the dev of the plugin has gone missing so it never gets updated to work with the new version. As for known faulty, I know everyone seems to be knocking Lee's themes, but until the last few months where the dev hasn't kept the theme up to date, Roc worked fine for me at the start, albeit on an i5 with a 7900 series gfx card. I did test it out on a dual core celeron with a HD5450 when Lee first released Roc, and again it seemed to work fine back then. I couldn't say anything about the other themes though. Like everyone, I have since gone back to chocolate months ago; it works on even the lowliest hardware, it looks great, it's supported. A shame, but I don't blame the core MB team for Lee's theme's not working or being supported, or the loss of money.

I think a solution could be that the plugins code should be made available to the core MB devs if after say 3 months there is no action taken/sign of the original dev. The core devs probably won't have the time to update it, but they could perhaps offer it up in the forum for someone else to take over, giving it a chance at being continued/fixed. In the meantime, as has already been done here, the plugin should be removed from sale till such a time, if ever, it is fixed.

I have no idea if that would be technically feasible regards the payments from one dev moving to another though. Nor do I have any idea how MB could go about gaining access to the plugins code, but if that were possible, maybe that could be a solution? If technically possible, prospective devs would also have to agree to this clause before releasing plugins; I'm not a dev so no idea how they would feel about it either.

• 2 months later...