Invalid supporter key/application & plugin update check fail

meddaugh
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

meddaugh

Things were working fine, now the two schedulded jobs that check for application updates and plugin updates are failing, saying "The request was aborted: The request was canceled."  Attached is the log.  I looked through it seems like it  has problems here:

2014-11-13 10:26:48.4908 Error - App: Error getting response from http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3ServerNotifications.json	The request was aborted: The request was canceled.	System.Net.WebException	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)	

However from the Media Browser server itself in a browser I can reach that URL just fine.

Basically is says I am not a supporter an more, my key is invalid and my MBPlus Trial ahas expired (paid for it).  It still plays things find.  I'm also getting "There was an error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository." as an error on the dashborad too.

This just started happending (or I just noticed it) on 11/12. I'm not cancelling anything so not sure what "The request was canceled." is about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

meddaugh

No firewall active.  Also, I can go to the URL in a browser on the same system. (Just verified, windows firewall is in a  Off state.)  It's indicating it was canceled.

Firewalls and other of these types of security systems work on an application level so the fact it works in a browser is not necessarily relevant.  Are you sure you don't have any other type of software in play that could be blocking our network communications?

The task is reporting canceled due to a time-out in at least one instance.

meddaugh

Yes, there are not many things running on this system at all.  Say it is something like that, how would I go about troublshooting to find it?  (I do have Microsoft Security Essientials installed and running, remove it?)  I'm not sure what else it would be.    Thanks for any help.

meddaugh

I went into services and completely disabled windows Firewall, rebooted, same issue still.  I work with computer all day, this is frustrating as nothing I am aware of changed on this computer.

If you manually refresh an item, is it able to reach the internet providers?

Are you on Comcast and using IPv6?

meddaugh

Still same error, aborted, and

There was an error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository.

I am on Time Warner and yes, using IPV6, disable it?

meddaugh

That did it.  Disabling IPv6 fixed the issue.  So....now the question is why?  Did something change with m3admin.com that would prevent IPV6 connectivity?     Thanks for the suggestion.  Am I the only one to report this issue?

• Solution

That did it.  Disabling IPv6 fixed the issue.  So....now the question is why?  Did something change with m3admin.com that would prevent IPV6 connectivity?     Thanks for the suggestion.  Am I the only one to report this issue?

You are the first one not on Comcast's network to have this problem.

@@bigjohn

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...