Server missing a media location

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi

I am running server  Version 3.0.5424.1 as a service on a Windows 7 PC. I have recently added a second drive for movies as as my first drive is almost full. Since adding the second drive the server does not pick up the second folder when I boot the PC. I have to manually go to scheduled tasks and re-run scan media library when it does pick up the second folder. This lasts until the next reboot when the second folder is missed out again when the server service starts.

Server debug log file attached. This should show the inital startup with only the first movie folder available and then after a manual scan when the moives in the second folder appear.

Media Library. jpeg shows the settings for the two file systems associated with my movies collection.

latest-error.jepg shows the view of movies after startup

latest-expected.jpeg shows the view of movies after a manual library scan

disk2_folders.jpeg shows the folder layout on the new second disk

Any advice on how to get the second folder to automatically appear in Media Browser server when the PC reboots?

server-63551326933.txt

post-2099-0-52264400-1415731006_thumb.jpg

post-2099-0-47142600-1415731112_thumb.jpg

post-2099-0-37938600-1415731178_thumb.jpg

post-2099-0-35954600-1415731188_thumb.jpg

Beardyname

I can't find anything related to your media folders in the log's whatsoever. (this does not mean they are not there) But I'm gonna leave this to an actual dev :)

GhostRider

Just stopped the service, ran Media Browser Server from the start menu icon and still have the same issue in that the second folder is missing.

Edited by GhostRider

What kind of drive is the second one?  Is it an internal sata drive or an external of some kind?  Have you disabled the start up scan and/or the library monitor?

GhostRider

The second drive is an external Western Digital studio drive connected via eSata port. Whereabouts is the startup scan setting, I'll go check that.

Advanced/Scheduled Tasks.

I bet that drive is taking a bit to initialize and is therefore not seen immediately.  Perhaps if you delay the startup of the MB service...?

GhostRider

Scheduled tasks has scan media library as a daily trigger. Is this the default or did I change this a long time ago and have forgotten why I changed it?

I thought it may have been an initialization issue, but I think we can rule that out as the PC has been booted a while now. I can see the drive in Windows Explorer. But if stop and restart the Media Browser Server it loses the second folder.

Edited by GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi

I added back scan at startup to the advanced settings. When the server PC is rebooted it now picks up both movie folders OK. Not sure why this works though, without this setting it still picks up the first folder OK but not the second. If the server can remember the first folder without a scan then should it not also remember the second folder as well?

I remember now why I took that setting out. Something is overwriting all my movie.xml files, not sure if this is the media library scan or the rotten tomatoes plugin. Maybe I need to start a new thread on this item.

Beardyname

Hi

I added back scan at startup to the advanced settings. When the server PC is rebooted it now picks up both movie folders OK. Not sure why this works though, without this setting it still picks up the first folder OK but not the second. If the server can remember the first folder without a scan then should it not also remember the second folder as well?

I remember now why I took that setting out. Something is overwriting all my movie.xml files, not sure if this is the media library scan or the rotten tomatoes plugin. Maybe I need to start a new thread on this item.

This is because it does not really remember but can flag items as offline,(depends) And that's probably what is happening after your drive spins down and MB is trying to do a scan it notices that these items are no longer here and therefore removes them.