Android client couldn't connect to library

Drieske82

Drieske82

Hello,

I'm having al problem with my Android client app. Since the server updated to Release v3.0.5424.1 my Android clients (both my phone and tablet) wouldn't connect to library anymore.

The problem occurs both on the wifi-network at home and by cellular. I've double checked the settings on my server (portforwarding, static IP, etc.).

I'm running the Android client 1.0.45.

On my tablet I've deleted the Android client and reïnstalled it. Now it even cannot find the server (even in my home-network on wifi).

What could be the solution to my problem?

My thank in advance.

Can upload your logs? Maybe we can see something in that...

See my signature for a how-to.

Can you browse (in the webbrowser) to the webclient on your tablet?

Drieske82

Hi Sven,

I'm on my work now. When I'm home I'll try to upload my logs. Is it possible to do this in a PM?

Yes, I can reach the webclient in the webbrowser on both my phone as my tablet.

Is it possible that the server Release v3.0.5424.1 doesn't support the Android client version 1.0.45? Only the newest version release v2.0.

I see you're from Belgium. I'm from Holland, can we resume this topic in Dutch/Flemish? Or do you prefer English?

Hi Sven,

I'm on my work now. When I'm home I'll try to upload my logs. Is it possible to do this in a PM?

Is it possible that the server Release v3.0.5424.1 doesn't support the Android client version 1.0.45? Only the newest version release v2.0.

I see you're from Belgium. I'm from Holland, can we resume this topic in Dutch/Flemish? Or do you prefer English?

I am not a Android user, so i don't know if it's a problem with the versions or not..

When the android developer can tell us if it's a version problem or not. If not and you prefer in Dutch, post it then in the Dutch part of the forum. :)

Redshirt

Hi Sven,

The server has heightened security measures that the older versions of the Android client don't support. So 1.0.45 won't connect to newer server builds. You should upgrade the Android client to 2.0.x.