MBC and bad streaming lag and crash

ryzilla

ryzilla

Hi guys

I have hit a small issue i am having a hard time trying to fix. I have a server upstairs very good spec and i have just set-up a small machine downstairs for the spare room. The issue im having is that when i start a tv or movie from media browser classic downstairs (connected from server upstairs) it either wont show video just the backdrop and play sound then it will crash about 1 minute later saying its not responding do you want to close.

- Network is 100mbit.

- Can connect to the share \\server\HD and stream a 40gig 1080p with media player classic with no lag.

- I have triple checked its using a local IP in configurator and not an external one.

I'm really lost what should i try next?

Another not the box down stairs specs

- AMD Athlon 2 Neo N36L Dual Core 1.30

- 8gig ram

- 64g SSD

- 7,1 Asus sound card

- Nvidia geforece gt 520

the box is more than good enough to do what it needs to do.

Edited by ryzilla

ryzilla

Forcing streamed item 6 - The Mombasa Cartel/\\HOME-HTPC\TV\The Blacklist\Season 2\The Blacklist - S02E06 - The Mombasa Cartel.mkv

was the TV ep i was trying, this is the one that would start to play sound only and no image then the app would hang and ask to close

You need to make sure the machine downstairs (and the user running MBC) has access to your media folders.  Looks like it doesn't and so it is attempting to stream it.

Also, what codecs do you have installed?  WMC cannot play mkv natively so you need something.  I suggest LAV.

ryzilla

argh derp a derp yep will fix permissions now. i have shark007 installed i might take a look at LAV as well.

lets see how this goes