Bug on BETA branch with channels

Beardyname

Beardyname

Not sure if this is a known issue or not but here we go.

If i fire up a channel item and start playing for example a podcast, if i halfway through want to start another item when pressing play the only thing that will happen is that the previous item just continues playing. (press pause select another item press play the first item will resume playing)

This also occurs when i try to play some music after stopping the channel item. I also tried "clear now playing" without any luck. The only workaround i found was to start playing some music on my phone through the phone's music player. And then going for the other channel item.

ScottIsAFool

Ok, channel installed and podcast feed added, now i have to wait for it to actually show something for me :)

ScottIsAFool

Ugh, pressing save in the podcast plugin usually helps. Ok, I can repro some issues now, will take a look.

ScottIsAFool

Funny, this actually wasn't a bug with channels, but a bug with my now playing stuff :) It would have happened without channels if you try playing an album one after the other. Anyway, it will be fixed in the next beta update.

Beardyname

Funny, this actually wasn't a bug with channels, but a bug with my now playing stuff :) It would have happened without channels if you try playing an album one after the other. Anyway, it will be fixed in the next beta update.

haha :) usually i don't play an album after another (my music sessions are rarely that long) anyway glad you found it!

Beardyname

Actually now none of my podcasts are working, It might be because I'm on the dev version of the server though, should i downgrade and try again?

ScottIsAFool

Actually now none of my podcasts are working, It might be because I'm on the dev version of the server though, should i downgrade and try again?

I'm on the latest, latest, latest code, and audio playback is working for me. What happens when you try it?

EDIT: Oh, and what version of the WP app do you have? I pushed another beta update last night. You'll want .12.

Edited by ScottIsAFool

Beardyname

Sorry for taking so long to reply, IRL gets in the way from time to time.

Anyway I'm on 0.8.62.12 and when i press play on any audio now (music/podcast channel) Nothing whatsoever happens, it never moves away from the (in this case) album page. Video playback works as expected and is instantanious so video+audio works. Not just audio.

Let me know what to do next!

btw I'm on a lumia 920 if that helps.

Server-version : 3.0.5433.38369

ScottIsAFool

Are you able to share your server with me, and let me know what podcast you're trying? Audio playback is working fine for me and I know it's working ok for others with that version. Also, how are you signed into the app? Using Connect? Manual server entry? If the latter, sharing the server with me using connect might not help us, but we can cross that bridge when you get back to me.

Beardyname

Absolutly, This time i could not play anything audio related. (neither music nor podcasts)

trying connect might help you understand the error better :) I sent an invite to your username unfortunately i un-cecked every box and found out now that i can't edit your settings afterwards :/ Hopefully you can access the channels i have installed.

I'm signing in using my own domain name, aka manual server entry.

this time i tried with this podcast : http://thehandsomenerd.com/tag/podcast/feed/

ScottIsAFool

Can you PM me the details on how to connect to your server manually? Me connecting using Connect might mask the problem (it did for another user).