Questions about a few things regarding metadata

1971camaroguy
Go to solution Solved by Kent,

1971camaroguy

Hey All,

I installed media browser server early this week and bought a couple of rokus and using media browser channel with those.

I am using the existing folders from an original media browser / media center install. I already had the correct naming conventions within the folders and data. Backdrops, folder art and so forth.

When I first installed this, I noticed that I had a backdrop behind a movie or tv show when I hovered over or chose it and it's gone now?? I'm sure I turned something off but can't figure out what I did.

I also noticed that I had a nice layout where it would have suggested shows based on my storage in a tile fashion...and it was a pretty cool feature. It's gone now and I just have a basic layout by movie art, jump to and genere.

And when I would go to movies, I had some scrolling options at the top and one of the things was "new releases" and it populated my current movies in that list....it's gone now

Not sure what I did as I am still learning this program but I'd like to have it back lol

Also can I go in and change the stock photos for TV and Movies with something else? I found the images, just wondering if this is something everyone does?

Thanks in advance

Edited by 1971camaroguy

Hi, welcome. Can you show some screenshots that demonstrate the problem you're experiencing? It's a little hard to visualize what you're describing. Thanks.

• Solution

If you are referring to the web client, you might have modified the default web client appearance.

To see if this is it, click on your user profile picture in the upper right hand corner, select My Preferences.  Once your preferences come up, select Web Client and confirm and/or change "home page" sections 1 - 4 to "Auto". Don't forget to scroll to the bottom and save the changes. 

You can change the stock photos for TV and Movies and anything else you see by hovering over the target picture you want to change, select the three dot vertical option and click on "Edit".  This will take you to the metadata manager.  Once there, click on Images icon and select Upload.  Point it to your new graphic, select either Primary or Thumb (or whichever one you want to replace) and it will replace the default one.

• Like 1

1971camaroguy

Thanks! That was it, I was able to tweak out my collection cover artwork while I was in there. I noticed that what I was referring to on the backdrops behind the movie cover is a feature in MB theater....but it's not on the Roku channel...I got confused lol.

Yea unfortunately not every device can support every feature. It's all part of the decision making process of what to use.

StealthDefender

Sorry, dont know if i am on the right place here but i hope for answer ;).

Is there any way that Media Browser scrape automatic a movie when i put it in my movie folder!

New Episodes from Series are fine, they got the infos immediatly!

But movies only appears in New but no scraped data at all.?

Greetz Stealth

Sent from my Stealth-Phone

Thx for the quick answer, give it a try :) when i am home.

Probably there is a problem with the resolution tag i have in the filename. Iron Man (1080) for example.

Greetz Stealth

Yes, that would be a problem as we would be looking for a movie created in the year 1080 :).

Rename it to "Iron Man [1080]".

Also, please create a new post when you have a new question. Thanks.

HI, MediaBrowser will scrape for metadata automatically when you do a Library refresh (manually) or have MBS set to watch for new media (it will refresh library automatically, including scraping).  Considering the movie is showing up, we can assume it is finding it and updating the library correctly.   Now to troubleshoot why it doesn't scrape.

Start with basic information:http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/674-media-files-folders-structure/ and  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/3385-a-learners-guide-to-understanding-artwork-in-media-browser/

#1 key is to respect the folder and file naming conventions (link #1 above).  Report back once you have confirmed you 100% respect the folder structure and a test movie respects the naming convention.  Also, before reporting back, refresh the target movie in the metadata manager (from dashboard, click on the hamburger icon in upper left, go down Metadata Manager, select the movie in the right folder, and click on the Refresh or Advanced Refresh option).

StealthDefender

Thx for the quick answer, give it a try :) when i am home.

Probably there is a problem with the resolution tag i have in the filename. Iron Man (1080) for example.

Greetz Stealth