Favorite navigation app

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

I use Waze more than anything else, I been using it for well over a year and only miss a few things that Google maps offered. Waze is a community based application and I have been saved from possible speeding tickets several times. If your community can get behind it then it really works well. Does anyone else use Waze?

I installed it recently due to the terrible navigation app support in my new Windows Phone (really the only thing it falls terribly short at).

I haven't had an occasion to truly use it yet though.

CashMoney

Navigator free on android. I use it on my tablet as it has offline maps that are updated once a month, including speed cameras. I've also got copilot, but having tried it for a year without problems (and on other devices for years before that), I updated to the paid version for full voice nav, and an update 3 days later made the GPS lock woeful; not the best GPS built in to my tablet, but it worked adequately before, and works fine with Navigator.

Waze needs a data connection I believe, and I don't have enough data in my plan to warrant it, which is a shame as it looks pretty good.

Beardyname

I installed it recently due to the terrible navigation app support in my new Windows Phone (really the only thing it falls terribly short at).

I haven't had an occasion to truly use it yet though.

really? That can't be a nokia phone. I have found that my navigation beats the android one without even breaking a sweat.

really? That can't be a nokia phone. I have found that my navigation beats the android one without even breaking a sweat.

No, it is the HTC One M8 and its only voice nav app is verizon navigator which sucks.  The standard maps app doesn't even track your progress.

fantaxp7

Ah, forgot they made a One M8 with windows on it.

Thanks to tasker as soon as I get in my car and it connects to BT Waze launches

I just recently installed IFTTT and it's awesome. I hear it's similar to tasker.

gthrift

I use Waze for my commute to work and home for the police reports only.  For anything else I use Google Maps, because you really can't beat it.