A gaming habbit

LiquidFX

Main source of gaming?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your main source of gaming?

LiquidFX

I'm like many of you guys and enjoy my gaming time, however with a new system coming out every few years I have been thinking more about switching over to purely a PC gaming machine. I currently have a 360 for my gaming, WII for family games, and a PC for my old school emulators and a couple of PC games. I enjoy the fact that I can browse my games on the PC with my remote and select the game to play and pick up my controller and never have to get up to swap a disk or anything. I dont even have a graphics card at the moment and still can play some games on low settings and thats enough for now, I do plan on getting a card soon enough. Here are the specs on my setup: 

Hardware

• Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • Intel® Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
  • 12 GB RAM

What is your main source of gaming?

Edited by LiquidFX

Beardyname

PC all the way, have a wii U that sits gathering dust, it's a fun machine to do on-site coop/multiplayer (aka mariokart) on but nothing i would play online or alone.

CashMoney

PC here too, more so lately thanks to Steam's Streaming. I used to play some games downstairs on the HTPC in low settings, the rest I played upstairs on my main rig. Now I just stream all my games (steam and non steam) downstairs to the HTPC.

christoph86

PC is my primary and also using it for older console systems up to the wii. I do have a Xbox 360 which I do play sometimes. Won't likely get another console unless my son wants one when he gets a bit older.

gthrift

I primarily play on my Xbox One.  Forza Horizon 2 at the moment.  I mostly stick to CoD, Battlefield, Assassins Creek and Halo.  As the games I play.  

If I play on the PC, it's usually an RTS like Sins of a Solar Empire or Company of Heroes.  I also play some Kerbal Space Program if I feel like it.

shaefurr

PC, always has been. Started using DOS playing BBS games and doom. Owned a few consoles here and there, but never really got into them much. MB / Steam big picture has made it a lot nicer for playing games from the couch.

Have a 360 which my kids play on, and a wii sitting in the garage being useless.

Yes the initial cost of a decent gaming PC is higher than buying a console, but you make up for it alone in Steams ridiculous sales. Plus Origin now has a free game every month or so. And don't listen to people whining you have to upgrade all the time, I've had the same gaming PC for 3 years. It does take a bit  to get everything setup, but having all the consoles emulators + PC games on 1 system is just awesome.

I guess my only complaint is if you love using a controller, you really can't play a lot of FPS on PC, even if the game was controller compatible, you would just get murdered against anyone with a KB+mouse since the games on PC aren't solely designed for them like console versions. It's just a lame handicap like playing on a 360 with an NES controller

Edited by shaefurr

fantaxp7

I use xbox one, I don't want to have a desktop setup as I'm not that invested and I enjoy using my 65" plasma with surround sound. Also it has more opportunity to be more social with guests playing multiplayer games.

I did just take advantage of target's three games for the price of two deal yesterday :).

Swynol

mainly PC but also have a xbox one. since Steam home streaming has come about i tend to use that now. stream it to my laptop or HTPC.

PC spec - i5 4670k, gtx 970, 8GB Ram, 120gb SSD and 512gb SSD. currently enjoying COD AW. wasnt a fan of the last few releases, but AW is something that feels abit refreshing.

Heckler

Been a PC gamer for at least 16-17yrs now... I think I got my first serious PC with a 3d card around 98, but was playing PC games at work for many years before that. Only ever bought 2 off the shelf PC's in the 90's. Have been building them myself ever since.

Current games PC is a little long in the tooth now, but still going strong thanks to Xfire graphics.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black @ 3.7ghz and a monster cooler.

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO board

2x Asus Radeon 5770 video cards in Xfire

16GB 1800mhz ram

Runs every game I've thrown at it @ 1920x1280 on pretty high settings if not the highest... But is only now after just over 4yrs of use... starting to feel like I want to replace it.

In the past my gaming machines started with a Binatone Pong machine in the 70's.... YES... I AM OLD.  :P

Atari 2600 followed

Commodore 64 ... How I loved that machine, it's where I started to learn how to code... and I wish I'd kept up with that, but as a teenager in the 80's... girls, booze and drugs soon became more fun.  :)

Atari ST and Commodore Amiga

Sega Megadrive and Nintendo SNES

Original playstation

PS2 and Xbox.

Skipped the Xbox 360 and PS3 but I did get a Wii because it was more fun and I love Mariokart... Plus it was something my dad was able to play, because he's elderly and has parkinsons... but could kick our asses in bowling at times.

In the late 90's through mid 2000's I was a prolific online gamer, part of clans and so forth. Even got involved with the guys that created the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 and started making maps for it. At one point my clan were their testers and we ran our own server too.

But the rising popularity of online gaming, and the gradual lowering of the age range of online gamers... put me off... Smacktards just started ruining the experience for me to the point that I no longer both playing anything online now.

Currently playing Banished and Civilisation V and Civilisation: Beyond Earth... But occasionally I'll fire up the sims 4, sim city or perhaps an old skirmish on Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. I also like the odd racing game like the Dirt franchise or Grid... I tend to avoid the Need for Speed franchise as it's dull and boring. Really used to like Submarine Sims like Silent Hunter and the Settlers franchise... until Ubisoft ruined both of those.

But I really long for the day we get another X-Wing game... the last one was X-Wing Alliance back in 1998... 16yrs is too long to wait for a decent space sim.... I know there are other decent ones out there... But they're not SW man.  :P

shaefurr

X-wing Alliance was an amazing game, I actually still have it installed, though I haven't played it in a few years. I used to play that and Freespace all the time. I remember the first 3dfx card I bought, the voodoo banshee, a whopping 16MB of RAM.

My friend and I used to go to a huge LAN party they had here called GAMMATHON, which was a lot of fun to hang out and eat pizza while networking games till 3AM, kind of pointless nowadays though since people have faster than dial-up :P But it was a lot of fun.