How to increase buffer?

ninja650

ninja650

I am trying to stream from outside my network and once I start playback it starts/stops continuously. I think if I was able to increase buffer somehow it would eliminate this problem. I have 15megs of upload so that isn't the issue. I'm trying to playback saved video on server and also live video from HD homerun prime via ServerWMC. I've tried as slow as a 1mbps stream and still same issue.

Video plays back fine on local network. 

Also another issue I wish would be fixed.. When I try to play back live tv via IOS safari or chrome it won't start playing on first attempt. I have to it stop and play 3 times usually for it work. It would be nice if Live TV was available on IOS app.

ninja650

Well obviously it's not enough over WAN. I can't go much lower than 1meg. Quality is bad. I have plenty of bandwidth. It's just the jitter and latency vs LAN. The buffer needs to be increased or something else is happening.

Maybe it is the receiving end connection?

Lots and lots of people are using the remote streaming successfully so it is likely environmental.

shaefurr

For comparison, my 5MB upload can handle up to 2-3 MB/s or so without stuttering over WAN.

ninja650

So after running some tests again. It appears Live TV (serverwmc) is cutting out more than local storage playback. Works fine over LAN. Possible it isn't buffering live tv as much? It would be nice to have some control over this.

Not a transcoding / CPU issue?

Edit; Nevermind, fine over LAN so can't be this unless you are using different clients over lan than you are over wan.

Edited by Kent

• 2 months later...
ninja650

Finally figured out issue! I unchecked Stream channels using DLNA to MediaBrowser in ServerWMC

Plays smooth now without stopping after a few seconds.