Best way to migrate database and cache info?

pir8radio

pir8radio

My mediabrowser database and cache folder is about 25 gig, and it seems to be a little laggy when searching and pulling up a page with a bunch of album images on it..   I bought a 128 GB SSD and want to migrate my user/roaming/appdata/mediabrowser folder over to the SSD...  what is the best way to go about this?  Just copy and change some settings in the admin page?   all will be good?  

Thanks, 

pir8radio

Well, i'm looking for media browser specific info. and how to re-point to the new location via the media browser interface...  thanks anyway.  in particular these paths need to be updated:

Cache:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache

Images by name:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

Logs:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs

Metadata:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\metadata

Transcoding temporary files:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp

Edited by pir8radio

Copy it over while the server is stopped then change the pathes to the new location, all but logs can be changed in the MB config pages.

Some one else will have to tell you how to move the logs but they don't really have to be moved for performance like the others.

Make sure you give the correct permissions on the new folder just like the old folders.

Edited by Rainey

pir8radio

Im not backing up... im trying to move all of the files that Media browser uses from the app data folder to a dedicated SSD.  and have them operate from their new home there.

Edited by pir8radio

Happy2Play

Well, i'm looking for media browser specific info. and how to re-point to the new location via the media browser interface...  thanks anyway.  in particular these paths need to be updated:

Cache:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache

Images by name:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

Logs:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs

Metadata:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\metadata

Transcoding temporary files:

C:\Users\DL380e-User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp

You can define custom paths via Dashboard at

Library-Advanced-Image by Name path

Metadata-Advanced-Metadata path

Playback-Transcoding-Transcoding temp path

Plugins-Channels-Channel content path

Logs cannot be relocated at this time.

pir8radio

it was the database i was looking to relocate as well as everything else.      I ended up moving the entire MediaBrowser-Server folder to my SSD and going into a command prompt making my way to the c:\users\XXXXX\appdata\roaming\ and entering:  mklink /j MediaBrowser-Server X:\MediaBrowser-Server   where X:\MediaBrowser-Server was the location on the SSD... now logs, database everything is on the SSD.   and it's all working well.

So in the end @@Schimi was partially correct, i just didn't get where he was going with his post at first..   ^_^ 

More info on symbolic links for future searchers:  http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1