Force Meta-data refresh for all movies?

rkr87

Is it possible to do this? Or even possible to force a metadata refresh as soon as an item is added to the library?

I use mediacenter master (MCM) to import items into my MB3 library, MCM will automatically download metadata for each item before it imports it, but it tends to leave out the "CollectionID" tag, as the item being imported already has meta data associated with it, MB3 doesn't download any metadata for the item. Leaving all items added to my library without the collection id field in the metadata, this has meant me going through all my movies which are part of a collection one by one in the metadata manager and manually refreshing the metadata for each one just to get that field pulled through. :(

Thanks.

What is the MCM metadata pulling doing for you that MB can't?  IOW - instead of trying to re-refresh this data, why not just let MB get it in the first place?

MCM is monitoring a folder that could contain items which belong in different mb3 libraries, when an item appears in that folder MCM will process it, rename it to my preferred naming convention and move it to the correct directory relevant for whichever mb3 library. Unfortunately it's not possible to turn of the meta-data retrieval function in MCM that occurs during this process.

DkdN0VT.jpg

Oh, well that is unfortunate.  In that case this will be a very manual process for you as we will always treat any local metadata files as gospel unless you manually refresh them.

Ahh that sucks! :( It's possible to force MCM to run a batch file after it processes an item so I may be able to force it to delete movie.xml and then allow MB3 to provide the metadata. Thanks :)