Supports playback of split episodes.

Upper3427

Upper3427

Will you consider supporting playback of split episodes? I encountered a playback order issue while organizing the "Shin Chan" animation series; I obtained the metadata for Shin Chan from TVDB. Each episode of Shin Chan contains three story segments, and the downloaded video files online are only individual story segments. I had to rename them in the format of

• Shin Chan (1992)
    • Season 1
      • Shin Chan S01E01 cd1.mp4
      • Shin Chan S01E01 cd2.mp4
      • Shin Chan S01E01 cd3.mp4

for Shin Chan. Emby correctly recognized my video information and also correctly obtained the metadata from TVDB, but when playing, it only played [Shin Chan S01E01 cd1.mp4], and [Shin Chan S01E01 cd2.mp4] & [Shin Chan S01E01 cd3.mp4] were automatically skipped. I had to exit playback and manually select [Shin Chan S01E01 cd2.mp4] & [Shin Chan S01E01 cd3.mp4] to play them.

After testing, such split videos, stacked in the naming method with cd1, cd2, cd3, do not work correctly in Emby, but they work correctly in Plex. Plex will play the Shin Chan S01E01 cd1 to cd3 in sequence, and only after the playback is completed will it continue with Shin Chan S01E02 cd1.

image.thumb.png.5efe41ffad2d1a1e65859f07a4e02b6b.png

image.thumb.png.b956d87c8884d7b772a5b0c3e5bde3f9.png

Happy2Play

Technically Emby does not support this and changes in 4.8 have made this sort of possible but I will guess playback via this content type has to be rewritten if it is going to be supported.

HI, what do you mean by they were skipped? What played after?

Happy2Play
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, what do you mean by they were skipped? What played after?

Additional part are not looked at at all so S01E01 part1 is played skipping part2/3 and goes to S01E02.

But as talked about in other topic stacking was never meant to be via episodes and by change appear to display correctly via TV Content type.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1