Can't find images for music

theoracle39

theoracle39

When I go into my music library and click on Edit Images on any of my albums and try to search for a new primary image, it never find anything.  I tried it with my movies and everything works perfectly.  Is there a different setting somewhere for music that would cause it to behave differently than for movies?

theoracle39

I just added a couple of Piano Guys CDs - The Piano Guys and The Piano Guys 2 and the search for images screen is blank.  I also tried it on other music that already has an image, like the Lord of the Rings soundtracks and those have a blank screen as well.

jaycedk

Read the 

And supply server logs

theoracle39

Has anyone had a chance to look at my logs and see what's going on?

Happy2Play

Is there a reason you are on old version 4.7.11.0?

What are your music library settings?  As all I see is the Artist query.

theoracle39

I updated to the latest version.  I didn't change any of the default settings in the music library.  Now if I try to edit an image, I don't even have the option to search for a new image.  Any ideas?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, theoracle39 said:

I updated to the latest version.  I didn't change any of the default settings in the music library.  Now if I try to edit an image, I don't even have the option to search for a new image.  Any ideas?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

HI, what are you trying to edit an image of?

theoracle39

The primary image of my music albums.

theoracle39

This is the same example as before - I'm trying to get images for the Piano Guys and the Piano Guys 2 CDs.  Now after updating it won't even let me search for a new image.  I attached today and yesterday's logs.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63851182366.txt

theoracle39

I ended up moving the Emby server over to my NAS because it was working very poorly on the Nvidia Shield.  It seems to run much better on the NAS.  Still when I try to edit the image for any music, search for new image is not an option.  Can someone look into this?

Happy2Play

Can you enable debug logging and try to search for images again and post server log.  As last logs don't appear to have any image lookups that I can see.

Do you have more than one music library?

theoracle39
Posted (edited)

There is no option to search for new images.  I only have one music library.

image.png.8c47f40aa481e42b1f19c8abb2f39ec0.png

Edited by theoracle39

Happy2Play
Just now, theoracle39 said:

There is no option to search for new images.  I only have one music library.

What do you mean no options?

image.png.a82081d719cefb6e2627967b036f4b94.png

If search option does not exist then the configs you showed above are the issue and will need to be toggled off then on to see if they take.

theoracle39

I don't know what you mean by toggling off the configs.  If I try to edit the image for a movie, I have a search for a new image option.  Why do I not have the same option for music?

image.thumb.png.3d9a3056a14212e030f2e2fe8d487e94.png

Happy2Play

And what do you see when you edit images for Music?

theoracle39

That was what I showed in my previous post.  There is only add image from URL and select image file.

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, theoracle39 said:

That was what I showed in my previous post.  There is only add image from URL and select image file.

Sorry did not see the edit.

What libraries do you have as I have seen issues like this with multiple same type libraries ie multiple music libraries as Emby does not like it from a config standpoint (but have not really retested this recently).

If you do not have multiple Audio libraries not positive to include Audiobooks, I would toggle your library settings for album metadata/images.

image.png

image.png

theoracle39

I have movies, TV shows, home videos, photos, and music so there's only one music library.  I toggled my library settings and that didn't seem to have an effect.  I noticed that if I have folders selected at the top then I can't search for new images, but if I switch to albums then I can.  However, when I click on search for new images, it still doesn't find anything.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, theoracle39 said:

I noticed that if I have folders selected at the top then I can't search for new images, but if I switch to albums then I can.

Well a folder has zero identity so what would expect to search for?  Folder can only have images applied manually as there are no providers.

9 minutes ago, theoracle39 said:

However, when I click on search for new images, it still doesn't find anything.

Are you talking about albums?  What is the specific example?

Only see Artist query no album query.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

But from what you are describing your track do not have embedded images do they?

Personnally all my music is processed via mp3tag or Picard and have track and folder images already applied as music is ultimately tag driven.

Does the Album actually show up in Emby?

theoracle39

I figured if the folder is in the music library and has an artist and album name then it would search for that artist and album.

I have an album called The Piano Guys 2 and it does find an image when I refresh metadata and nothing shows up when I search for a new image.  My tracks do not have embedded images.  If I gave them embedded images, would that show up in Emby?

image.png.92db0b72f9a9a148a3565a0859deb9d0.png

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, theoracle39 said:

I figured if the folder is in the music library and has an artist and album name then it would search for that artist and album.

Sorry no as folder structure is 99.9% irrelavent and not used.  So for an image to show it must reside in folder.  As folder does not technically represent Artist or Album.  

Also not folder images can technically be different then Album tab image as they are no the same thing.

All music tab are generated from embedded track data or provider lookups.

Not library structure option will dictate if images will be save within folder also as your structure must conform to setting for it to work properly.

image.png.ad5f3ebee79a5910b1f09e26c8d78cb7.png