Unable to Add My TV Folder to Emby Library

wteems
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

wteems

Hi,

I have added my movies and audiobook folders to the library successfully but I am unable to add my TV folder.

I am able to to click up until the immediate parent folder but as soon as I click the TV folder, it goes blank. I have attached screenshots for a bit more clarity.

I have also given the Emby (internal user) the required permissions to access and use the folder but it doesn't change anything.

Please let me know if you have seen this before and how it can be fixed.

Thanks

v4.7.14.0-724071400, installed from Synology package center

chrome_0APeYDw70B.png

chrome_luzRDDTtLe.png

chrome_biwsv8MXDY.png

chrome_SeWPL8yzF1.png

Hi there, have you taken a look at this guide on setting up media libraries on Synology?

wteems

hi Luke, thanks for your feedback. I had gone through that and followed the steps, one of my initial screenshots shows the read/write permissions assigned to the emby user.

It's still the same error.

• Solution
FrostByte
42 minutes ago, wteems said:

hi Luke, thanks for your feedback. I had gone through that and followed the steps, one of my initial screenshots shows the read/write permissions assigned to the emby user.

It's still the same error.

You may have a permissions problem at the file level also.  Do you have a server log for when you tried adding the folder?  It may contain an error.

• Thanks 1

wteems
45 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

You may have a permissions problem at the file level also.  Do you have a server log for when you tried adding the folder?  It may contain an error.

FrostByte you absolute legend, that was the issue. I checked the logs and saw access to the folder was denied.

So I went to the folder level to make the read/write explicit for emby user and voila!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1