AT&T Turbo

ng4ever

ng4ever

Do you think it will help with 4k video streaming with no buffering over cellular or that is stupid and impossible ?

Happy2Play

I guess it would vary as network throttling happens during peak hours as I have seen my cellular data go from less than 1Mbps to over 180Mbps.  Also will depend on your 4K also as user rips will likely have extremely high bitrates for any given WAN connection let alone a wireless network.

• Like 1

ng4ever
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I guess it would vary as network throttling happens during peak hours as I have seen my cellular data go from less than 1Mbps to over 180Mbps.  Also will depend on your 4K also as user rips will likely have extremely high bitrates for any given WAN connection let alone a wireless network.

Thanks.

The only way to be sure or 100% no buffering is to put the media on the device itself sadly.

To bad there is no way to do that automatically randomly transfer a original 4k copy video/movie/tv show on iPads from PCs :(

ng4ever

So far it seems like Turbo, testing it out, works really well on phone cellular data but on the tablet with hotspot for it there is still buffering.

Who watches movies and tv shows on a phone though lol ?

No offense.

ng4ever

lol it just buffered once when saying that, on my phone :(

ng4ever

I think I expect too much.

Oh well.

8 hours ago, ng4ever said:

Who watches movies and tv shows on a phone though lol ?

Pretty much everyone under the age of 25...

Baffles me but there it is.

Gilgamesh_48
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Pretty much everyone under the age of 25...

Baffles me but there it is.

I have seen statements like this quite often and I do not ever watch anything on my phone, however i have also never seen any of the "kids" I know watching anything on their phones either other than little short things.

I am not saying that "kids" do not use their phone very differently than I or most of the older people I know does but I do not see the things, like watching their phone while walking, that people report quite often. 
Maybe it is a rural vs city difference as I live rural and do not get into the cities much and, even then, the largest city I actually go to theses days is Chattanooga TN. I did visit Tokyo a couple of year ago and I did not see much of the improper phone usage even there. I did see much more phone use in Japan than I have ever noticed in the USA but "walking and using the phone", other than talking on a headset happening even there. 

What I did notice was the prevalence of phones sending data to larger screens, sometimes called "casting," What I have noticed is that phones are used a lot more by the kids but I have not noticed many kids using their phones to watch content. Of course they do watch short YouTube videos, or short videos from other sources, but I rarely see or hear about anyone of any age actually watching a movie on their phone. 
Even the younger set seems to prefer watching a larger screen than a phone has to consume content. 

Personally I do not think I could enjoy a movie played on my phone but I find I do like listening to audiobooks and the "pictures" are better in books anyway. 
But I am an old guy and I may be using my "selective inattention" to avoid seeing what kids are actually doing with their phones. 

The thing that really concerns me about the younger people (and many older ones as well) is the use of anti-social media. I think services like Twitter, Instagram and many others are the best way to assure that communication fails between people.

I guess, fortunately for the world, it is good i am not in charge and therefore do not have much, if any, influence over anyone else.